Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   DELL Supersale Round 1 July 18-19 "U2410" Monitor (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/44991-dell-supersale-round-1-july-18-19-u2410-monitor.html)

RM - Ottawa July 18, 2011 12:57 PM

DELL Supersale Round 1 July 18-19 "U2410" Monitor

Hi guys,

So the U2410 is finally on sale again! I've been kicking myself ever since I missed it on day 3 or 4 of the 12 days of dell a couple months back. So, it looks like there is like 36 hour window remaining for those who are in the market for one of these displays.

I would like a quick yay or nay if you could share some insight. I want to get 3 U2410's for triple screen display, they are regularly $600.00 but for another day and a half they are priced at $449.00. (This price was last seen on one of the 12 days of Dell in May)

Do you think this is a wise model to purchase? I just need to know if there is a reason to hold off from this deal for triple display gaming.

Thanks!!

MrDiaz July 18, 2011 01:03 PM

Quite an expensive gaming setup... if it's for gaming I wouldn't spend this much money. Would rather get TN panels.

I have an U2410 though, and I know how hard it is to go back to a TN panel. But I don't think for gaming purposes should be that big of a deal... Can you consider 3x U2311H instead? Heck, if you've got the money then go for it.

It is quite a lot though

Silvgearx July 18, 2011 01:23 PM

Sale link.

Electronics Super Sale

Decent monitor.

scruff July 18, 2011 04:17 PM

If money isn't a problem then I would absolutely grab the U2410"s , I love mine in surround vision:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

headsh0t July 18, 2011 05:11 PM

Hey remember that time I told you to get this exact monitor and then you said this:
Quote:

its only 60hz and usb 2.0 , like why would I pay 500? It doesn't even look cool. Am I missing something? I have no problem opting out of 3d, but is this humble looking u2410 really that advanced?
Yea. I'm not sure this monitor is cool enough for you. Plus like it totally only has USB2.0, like that's super slow, it will slow down your gaming performance if you have your keyboard running to it. Plus it's only 60Hz, you need at least 9001Mhz for a true surround experience.

MrDiaz July 18, 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 534152)
Hey remember that time I told you to get this exact monitor and then you said this:

Yea. I'm not sure this monitor is cool enough for you. Plus like it totally only has USB2.0, like that's super slow, it will slow down your gaming performance if you have your keyboard running to it. Plus it's only 60Hz, you need at least 9001Mhz for a true surround experience.

Oh boy :bananafunky:

RM - Ottawa July 19, 2011 10:30 AM

headsh0t why did I ever doubt you? Clearly you are a hall of famer.. I should pay more attention to who is giving me advice : )

Silvgearx July 19, 2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsh0t (Post 534152)

Headshotted. :rofl:

Sorry had to. :ph34r:

Everyone has different needs and price ranges. If you never seen a IPS panel, it is best you stop at a local shop ask about them. See for yourself if it is worth the premium.