Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2011, 03:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Display setup

Doing a side job for a local business and what they want to do is have a dual monitor setup. 1 Monitor will be the standard 24 inch screen they currently have and eventually they want to have a 40 inch LCD as the secondary display. The current computer has a VGA that does support this, but what they wanna do is when they are not using the large TV display to just have a slideshow of current products they sell (almost like a screen saver) while working on the other monitor simultaneously.

Is there a setting in Windows that will allow this or a software I can get that will do what they are asking?

Thanks in advance.
Old July 7, 2011, 06:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

NVIDIA'S nView allow for the two monitors to act separately on Win XP. Sadly, nView doesn't work in Vista or 7. I've heard of, but never used, Microsoft Desktops.
Old July 7, 2011, 07:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The built-in "Extended Desktop" mode should suffice. You would just drag the window over to the 40" screen and run it in fullscreen mode (assuming said program supports that).

So long as nobody closed that window on the computer, there shouldn't be any issues going about daily work on the 24".