Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" IPS Monitor Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/43570-dell-ultrasharp-u2410-24-ips-monitor-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL May 25, 2011 09:57 PM

Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" IPS Monitor Review Comment Thread

Monitors with a 23" to 24" size currently represent a sweet spot for many potential buyers since they usually offer great overall value along with a suitably large screen size. Dell has attacked the higher end of this range with their highly popular UltraSharp U2410. It may not be cheap, but this monitor features a high fidelity IPS panel, loads of additional features and plenty of screen real estate.

[ Read full article ]

jcmaz May 25, 2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

U2410 24?
What's up with the ? Isn't it "

SKYMTL May 25, 2011 10:14 PM

Welcome to the ins and outs, niggles and naggles of vBulletin.

_dangtx_ May 25, 2011 10:34 PM

finally!!!

nice review,was expecting it to get more negative comments on the gaming front though :)

Asad_A203 May 26, 2011 01:42 AM

Just in time for the U2412 :biggrin:.

In addition to the gaming section, you can have the U2410 bypass post processing to reduce input/motion lag to be opar (and even superior) with TN panels.

MarcusX May 26, 2011 03:32 AM

How can the colors be accurate in games and movies if they are not color managed? Wide-gamut monitors have such horrid colors that they require profiling. Why is this inherent defect of wide-gamut monitors always glossed over in reviews(not just HWC)? Do retina-burning color really attract people that much?

MPC-HC, Windows Picture Viewer, Firefox are color managed.

aristhrottle May 26, 2011 04:48 AM

Great comparison! I personally much prefer the rectangle stand over the V stand, but to each his own.

Keltron 3030 May 26, 2011 04:57 AM

If this had the V-Stand, it would be a spitting image of my Alienware monitor, menu and everything

Varroa May 26, 2011 06:33 AM

I have one and I love it. It is great for gaming and movies. The menu/buttons are a pain when you have to change inputs a lot, especially if the input you are on goes into power-saving mode (ie the computer goes to sleep or is turned off). When this happens the capacitive buttons turn off and can be a pain to re-start. The amount of inputs is impressive and you can even get a speaker bar that connects to the bottom. I have 3 computers hooked up to mine, two share the speak bar and DVI port 2 (Hackintosh and Ubuntu nettop) and my gaming rig uses the DVI 1 input.

10e May 26, 2011 07:28 AM

There is a way to use PowerStrip to add a color profile to help with that, but I've never been able to get that working properly with my wide gamut monitors.

Unfortunately I have to agree, that my biggest issue with the "wide gamut" craze being more marketecture/e-peen than anything, is that specifically with Windows (all versions) it's not properly compensated for by the o/s.

Maybe one day.

Otherwise nice review AkG!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusX (Post 517954)
How can the colors be accurate in games and movies if they are not color managed? Wide-gamut monitors have such horrid colors that they require profiling. Why is this inherent defect of wide-gamut monitors always glossed over in reviews(not just HWC)? Do retina-burning color really attract people that much?

MPC-HC, Windows Picture Viewer, Firefox are color managed.