Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2011, 08:19 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default ASUS ML248H 24" Monitor Review Comment Thread

ASUS has a wide range of monitors which run the gamut from ultra high end professional products to more reasonably priced units. While the ML248H lies closer to the bottom of their product stack in terms of overall price, it definitely doesn't skimp on features and is supposed to offer some reasonable image quality as well. But can this sub-$225 24" monitor overcome the limitations of its TN panel?

[ Read full article ]
Old April 20, 2011, 10:22 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Good review like always. ASUS monitors are ok in my books. If IPS panels are better than MVA's then i'll try IPS next.

If fingerprints on monitor bezels are that much of problem, then those people must be the biggest slobs, so i definitely would not cater to them when designing a monitor. There is no reason you couldn't tilt and swivel by touching only the back and/or the sides of the display. My Samsung BX2431 came with a cloth to clean the bezel... i used it once for fingerprints.
Old April 20, 2011, 11:30 PM
Top Prospect

I guess we can't expect an LED monitor to have all the bells and whistles, but a few would be nice. An adjustable stand, VESA mount, and couple more connections wouldn't be too much to ask would it?
I do like the looks of this thing though. Very sleek and it does have some character in comparison to most others.
One thing I was wondering about and that is if the tester considers input lag to still be something worth looking at these days. I haven't read a lot of monitor reviews lately, so I'm not sure if this is still a factor with the newer monitors.
Thanks for the review!
Old November 1, 2011, 09:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hi guys,

I currently have the HP w2207 lcd. It's a decent monitor for internet browsing and even gaming, but I'm hoping that there are better options out there now seeing as how it's been quite a few years since I bought the HP. One option I've looked at right now is the Asus ML248H/ML249H, but I'd be open to other suggestions that fits my budget (~$300CAD). I will use this new monitor primarily for gaming + movies, and also some light photoshop work. I'm not very particular about color accuracy, but it has to at least match my HP.

Thanks!
Photography/Gaming build: i7-4770K, NH-D14, Z87 Sabertooth, 16GB Ripjaws X, GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 3GB, M500 480GB, Caviar Black 2TB, Dual Red 4TBx2 (RAID 1), XFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold, Graphite Series 600T SE White
HTPC build: i5-750, Hyper 212+, P7P55D Pro, 8GB Ripjaws X, R6970 DirectCU II 2GB, Caviar Black 640GB/2TB, Caviar Green 3TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Strider Plus 750W, CM 690 II Advanced
Mobile Media: Asus Transformer Infinity 32GB w/ keyboard dock