Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   ASUS PA246Q ProArt 24" IPS Monitor Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/42407-asus-pa246q-proart-24-ips-monitor-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL April 10, 2011 09:49 PM

ASUS PA246Q ProArt 24" IPS Monitor Review Comment Thread

For many discerning users, the current crop of inexpensive 24" monitors sporting TN technology don't even come close to offering the quality they are looking for. Unfortunately, stepping up to an IPS-totting panel meant shelling out well over $600 but ASUS is now offering another route. Their ProArt 24" monitor seems to offer the impossible: an IPS panel, factory calibrated settings and good response times for under $500. Is this too good to be true?

[ Read full article ]

ZZLEE April 10, 2011 10:14 PM

I have a 16:10 I like it

This looks good. I would love to see one in person.

Lpfan4ever April 10, 2011 10:16 PM

I noticed a lot of "you" in place of where the word "your" was supposed to be.

However, this monitor looks awesome. No way in hell could I justify it because I wouldn't use 99% of it's features, but good job Asus!

da_bradler April 10, 2011 11:03 PM

uhhggg how I dream of having a colour accurate monitor for my photography. the lust is depressing :(

LordPraetox April 10, 2011 11:08 PM

Though it isn't meant for gaming, I'm going to live dangerously and buy it for that purpose in the future.

Perineum April 11, 2011 12:25 AM

Looks like I'll be picking that up for a client in the near future......

Delavan April 11, 2011 04:16 AM

Although SKY mentioned that it's NOT a gaming monitor, a lot of us are hurting for a good 16 x 10 gaming monitor...

Too bad the refresh is a little slow *I know it's not meant to be fast*...

SKY, can you tell us a little more about it's gaming performance? You mention no ghosting and 6ms is fast enough...I'm playing FPS-only....can I consider this? I'm coming from a Samsung T220....

Varroa April 11, 2011 06:06 AM

I use a Dell Ultasharp U2410 monitor for gamings (IPS panel, 6ms grey to grey, 16:10) and I love it! The specs are identical to this and it is a great monitor for gaming. The ratio is great and there is no ghosting at all in any game I play (Tf2, L4D2, Fallout, Batman, etc...). If the Asus was available 1 year ago for this price I would have probably picked it up instead of the Dell.

MrDiaz April 11, 2011 07:58 AM

How do you think this stacks up vs the Dell U2410 SKY? I'm quite excited to see this offering from ASUS, hope to see more showings this year!

aristhrottle April 11, 2011 08:04 AM

It would be nice to see this monitor compared directly to the Dell U2410 which is now on sale for the exact same price as the Asus PA246Q. Comparing it to the FX2490 isn't really appropriate since they are at an entirely different price point, use different technology, and are meant to be used differently.