Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2008, 11:36 AM
Rookie

Default Samsung 216BW settings?

I picked up the samsung 216BW at FS on boxing day for 229.00. I had to exchange the monitor 3 times due to really bad backlight bleeding until I got one with just a little bleed at the top. I was debating between this and the 222BW but for the extra .4 I wasn't going to worry about it.

What do you have your contract and brightness set too for playing games. I find that this Panel is not as bright compared to my LG L222WT
Old January 22, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

That monitor has a rating of 300cd/m2 which should be more than enough "brightness" without burning your eyes out. Maybe you need to do some calibration. My Dell2007WFP has the same rating and I can't push it past 200cd/m2 without smoke emanating from my corneas.

Here's a good read on calibrating the 226BW A & S panels. My guess is your 216bw is closer to the A panel tested in that review. I believe there is downloadable profiles too in that review. You might try those?

You may also want to Google monitor calibration and try some online techniques which usually means you eyeing the tests so it won't be perfect but you might get an improvement.

A pretty decent way to get accurate colour out of your panel would be to use a Spyder or similar type of monitor calibration device.

Hope this helps? -cheers

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 22, 2008, 02:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
That monitor has a rating of 300cd/m2 which should be more than enough "brightness" without burning your eyes out. Maybe you need to do some calibration. My Dell2007WFP has the same rating and I can't push it past 200cd/m2 without smoke emanating from my corneas.

Here's a good read on calibrating the 226BW A & S panels. My guess is your 216bw is closer to the A panel tested in that review. I believe there is downloadable profiles too in that review. You might try those?

You may also want to Google monitor calibration and try some online techniques which usually means you eyeing the tests so it won't be perfect but you might get an improvement.

A pretty decent way to get accurate colour out of your panel would be to use a Spyder or similar type of monitor calibration device.

Hope this helps? -cheers
will do thanks man