Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   New tv help (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/41060-new-tv-help.html)

elimtl February 24, 2011 08:06 AM

New tv help

Best buy owes me a new tv with a budget of 1499$
what to choose?
I will be using my wd hd media player hdmi and also my pc gaming tower w hdmi

I need a 40-42in max
Samsung 40" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (UN40C6300)

Sony BRAVIA 40" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (KDL40EX710)

LG 42" 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV** (42LE5400) - Best Buy Exclusive

I was told these are the 3 best models.
Can i get some opinions and tech specs as to which one is better??
Thanks!!

lcdguy February 24, 2011 10:04 AM

those are all pretty good tv's. Have you considered a Panny Plasma i got one for my parent's and they love it. Looks great to.

elimtl February 24, 2011 02:11 PM

was looking for more detailed feedback...
and im looking for led atm

EdHilario February 24, 2011 02:35 PM

Have you compared the TV's side by side watching the exact same thing? Best thing to do is to look at their display units. I also suggest running into a 2001 Audio Video if your local BB doesn't have them side by side. Depends on how they set up their displays and how they're calibrated. You can also ask to play with the remote so you can adjust some settings as well.

elimtl February 24, 2011 02:38 PM

no i didnt have much time to compare them
I see spec wise though the contrast ratio is either mega or 4M to 1.
Not sure what the difference is exactly there.
Also response time seems better on LG 2ms vs 4ms.
Bravia engine for video processing any feedback on that vs the other two??
Also all 3 have ethernet jack but some have wifi w a usb adapter or integrated.
If i wanna wifi stream some avi which would be best has anyone tried this out yet??

EdHilario February 24, 2011 03:50 PM

When I was looking for my TV, I found the Sony's picture to be inferior to Panasonic, Samsung and LG on the 32" range.
40"+ though I couldn't complain about the Sony EX500 line or higher. Their HX7 series was really nice. I'd take a look at the Sony and then the Samsung.

JD February 24, 2011 04:23 PM

I have an older 40" Sony Bravia and a slightly newer 46" Bravia 120Hz. Neither LED. Both have been solid thus far.

Why do you care about Internet connectivity if your PC/WDTV is going to be connected? Either way, WiFi sucks for everything but simple browsing IMO. Wired Ethernet is always my choice.

Are you in the Toronto area? If you are, I'd suggest this place: G&G Electronics - Toronto's Home of the Real Deal if you're buying Sony stuff. Usually better prices than BB/FS/etc. And more personable staff.

elimtl February 24, 2011 06:14 PM

its a best buy replacement warranty so it has to go through them :( im in mtl as in my nick...
I guess it will be the sony 40 in then or LG.
I had a samsung before it was ok not great. Also the company has horrible service.

I heard that they are coming out with a new line soon though maybe i should wait.
Arg :(

Any thoughts on response time, contrast ratio, video processing engines or wtv its called motionblur technology..
Anyone try google tv yet?