Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5, 2011, 09:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I ran Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 and had no issues myself, could have been the version or settings used though
Old April 5, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's just preference. I find it sickening how the side monitors are about 400 pixels stretched across 1920 pixes of space (obviously made up the 400 number) and the HUD is on the outer edges of the screen, not to mention that most of the menus end up at the far left monitor.
Old April 11, 2011, 05:18 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ok, so I finally received my 2 extra monitors, been playing around all weekend.
Have to get used to the bezels but totally love the setup in extended mode with 3 monitors for browsing and everything else.

But, is there a way to switch from extended mode to eyefinity mode quickly whitout having to reset the whole thing everytime, they have some kind of "hot key" setup but I can't figure it out.

By the way, this is on catalyst 11.4 for the 6990
Old April 12, 2011, 04:02 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
Then I wouldn't list L4D 1&2 as full support. I can say that if L4D was my only surround experience, I would chuck it in the garbage and call it a day. L4D has such crappy surround/eyefinity support imo (I've read that it looks the exact same on eyefinity as surround).
I'm finding a large number of games that "stretch" the image on the side screens. To me it gives things a peripheral sort of look and it hasn't bothered me a great deal - my main focus tends to be on the centre screen, where most things happen anyway. You may be able to lessen the obviousness of this by altering seating/screen position?

Some more testing:
GTR Evolution - works perfectly, however the off-line version (non-steam) has some issues with objects and textures dissapearing. The on-line version (both are included on the CD) auto-updates to the latest patch, and looks stunning on 3 screens. Reminds me why I went to eyefinity.
Downloaded a few mods etc, they all work.

Race 07 is as per above. (this installs when you install the on-line version of GTR Evolution.)

I still have a couple of shelves worth of games to test, but working on a large LAN party which is taking massive amounts of time away.
Old April 16, 2011, 04:34 AM
Top Prospect

Moar gaming

Homefront - works sweet but requires custom res set in baseengine (<install dir>\Engine\Config) as per here

Prince of Persia - the forgotten sands - works perfectly, however frustrating camera angles, not an eyefinity issue but it makes it worse in places.
Old April 16, 2011, 06:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Updated the official listing
Old April 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
Top Prospect

Getting a decent list together now!
Dark Void - I've tested this at various resolutions, and it has very poor support on 3 screens, no matter what res - only 10% of the sidescreens are used.

Need for Speed Shift 2 Unleashed - full support
Old April 19, 2011, 07:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Gave The Witcher a test drive, it seems to be fine in-game however all cut scenes are stretched (not localized) and you cant see anything
Old April 24, 2011, 09:08 PM
Top Prospect

Crysis 2 - Full support
Old May 16, 2011, 09:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going to see if Fable III will have support when it comes out tomorrow. We have any newbies to the multiple monitor gaming?