Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2, 2011, 03:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have different things open in different monitors. I try to keep nothing stretched over the bezel. So a typical desktop setup for me would be one window of random junk - music, msn, steam, irc etc. Middle one for a browser and another one for something else. When I do school work I typically have several pdfs open and my .docx all at once. It's great for desktop work :) The only program I would see stretching is some sort of editing suite.
Old April 2, 2011, 04:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Moved this to our official eyefinity/surround discussion thread.

For myself i run my web browser (firefox) in the central window when browsing the net, keeping my messengers (trillian and steam chat) open on the right monitor, not really using the left monitor for much (if i watch a tv show on my pc rather then my htpc, or have something opened on youtube or nhl.com and still want to browse the net).

When it comes to doing work i spread them across each of the windows. A perfect example is a formal lab report i've been working on. One monitor has the word document open, another has the excel spreadsheet i am using, and the last monitor typically has any datasheets or the official laboratory report that i need to reference.
Old April 2, 2011, 04:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Man... didn't even noticed there was an eyefinity thread, thanks for the move.

Well you guys pretty well answered my questions, all monitors for gaming and basically 1 for the rest.

Looks like I'll be looking for 2 other monitors.
Old April 2, 2011, 04:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

mafia 2
Old April 2, 2011, 04:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I could never go back from both a gaming stand point as well as non-gaming. I LOVE being able to have word, excel, pdfs, firefox all or mostly all open in their own window to be able to see/switch easily between them rather then tabbing through or cutting screen real-estate to have multiples things visible on the screen at once
Old April 3, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yeesh... L4D 2 is not a great experience in surround... anyone know some good tweaks/fixes (I already found out the HUD tweak doesn't work on dedicated servers) to make this game more enjoyable? I can't find anything useful after +2 hours on google...
Old April 4, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

3D Vision Surround Technology

There is a nice document on the left links that tells you the status of all surround supported games.
Old April 5, 2011, 05:51 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Be it that it may, i find getting actual feedback from those whom have played the games is a lot more informative then a table of off one of the two card makers whose opinion of full or partial support may differ then people whom are stuck with the support they get.
Old April 5, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Then I wouldn't list L4D 1&2 as full support. I can say that if L4D was my only surround experience, I would chuck it in the garbage and call it a day. L4D has such crappy surround/eyefinity support imo (I've read that it looks the exact same on eyefinity as surround).

Still, the article I linked to seems very un-biased and extremely helpful. It gives info on bezel correction support, aspect ratio correction, FOV adjustment (accurately describes L4D as "slightly stretched on side panels"), Correct menu rendering, movies/cutscenes rendering, HUD location and more. Although, I agree that there are times where user feedback is most important... It lists metro 2033 as supporting BC, but if I turn on BC resolutions, I get black lines everywhere.
Old April 5, 2011, 06:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

just cause 2 - Before my Ergotron LX Desk Mounts x3

Last edited by CoolHandL; April 5, 2011 at 06:49 AM. Reason: added text