Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14, 2013, 05:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I honestly think that a U3011 is the best bet right now. Better in the long run if you have the $$$$

-ST
I couldn't decide either..so I compromised...

MSI HD7970 Lightning CF 6424 x 1920

Last edited by OneManHitSquad; February 14, 2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old February 15, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Eyefinity is nearly useless for regular desktop use, it is even quite annoying at times. But for driving games, this has been the best thing I ever did to improve the feel. Here's my setup (in the living room, lol!):
Attached Images

Old April 17, 2013, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just purchased 3 new monitors so I could have the thin bezel experience :D If I could have found a good gaming IPS monitor with thin bezel, i would have bought that instead... but any thin bezel ones seem to still deal with ghosting problems at a significant level.
Old March 2, 2014, 09:17 PM
Trial Member

I hope games start having true triple screen support. True meaning proper independent viewpoints for each monitor, rather than 1 large 5760 x 1080 (or whatever res you choose) image.

All the distortion looks absolutely terrible. Huge development studio games with mega budgets like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Crysis etc. etc. etc. after years and years still choose to ignore and not incorporate TRUE triple screen support, and it's the year 2014....While tiny developmemt teams like Rfactor / RFactor 2's Image Space Incorporated, IRacing guys, Assetto Corsa's Kunos, the Live for Speed guys, some flight sim devs, etc. have been offering true triple screen support for, I don't know, 7...10 years now? (RFactor had it's "Multiview" option added in a 2007 or 2008 update I believe, and Live for Speed had it even before then I think.)

Pretty ridiculous. I think ISI are comprised of about 7-10 people and are in a niche market of hardcore PC simulation. Small team, small budget and they are one of the only people to do PROPER TRUE triple screen support as of 6 or 7 years ago, but huge dev teams with huge budgets still can't incorporate true/proper triple screen support in any of the literally hundereds of games that have come out in the past 6 or 7 years, even today as of the year 2014?

The worst part is, I read 100s of threads from all these "hardcore" gamers with mega budget PCs insane triple screen setups, etc. and noone even hardly says anything about it. The stretching on the side monitors in Battlefield 3 is horrendous. I lowered the vertical FOV to the minimum 60, but its still absolutely horrible. Even if I disable the proper independent viewport support in my racing sims, which I am currently using a vertical FOV of 25 in, then it still has terrible distortion even at 25 V. FOV, let alone 60 V. FOV. Again though, my racing sims have the option for perfect, flawless TRUE triple screen support and once enabled it's absolutely perfect, the exact same distortion as a single monitor (which is almost invisible to the human eye, well except for single screen gamers that use insanely high FOVs, then you can visually see distortion even on a single screen.

10 years on and most games on the list of page 1 of this thread, and most games in general, still do not have true proper triple screen support, besides a handful of small budget racing sims and flight sims, and maybe a few other games I'm not aware of. Yet review sites, benchmarks, etc. etc. are littered with triple-screen benchmarks, reviews, etc. without noone ever seemingly noticing it or mentioning it, including all these "hardcore" pc guys and review site guys. Yet they notice things like 2 FPS difference between 2 GPUs. Blows my mind.

Last edited by Spinelli; March 2, 2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old March 3, 2014, 02:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

This is why I myself abandoned 3 monitor gaming for a larger single monitor instead, at least that's supported and doesn't task my graphic card(s) as hard as 3 monitors do
Old March 3, 2014, 08:32 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Wait for maxwell with its octa core SoC im sure things will eventually get easyier.