LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 29, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI3 View Post
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Widescreen Gaming Forum

Should be working, people have said it is on the discussion there.
That sort of answers my question... in other words it isn't implemented properly and needs some patching and then works pretty damn well? Anyone actually use it and fix their issues?
Old November 30, 2011, 04:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
I'm not sure what the problem was, but I found a way to fix it... just change the screen resolution and change it back.

Anyone have a report on Skyrim in nvidia surround?

(sorry for double posts, but was on two diff. pages)

I don't really care all that much that some games don't support surround. It just means that I can max them out easier. Personally, I can't imagine ever going back to a single monitor as I love the productivity and entertainment value of extra monitors! If a game doesn't work that well with surround, I cry a little bit and then run it on a single monitor. I will say that surround breaks the bank as my SLI 570s have trouble in my most demanding titles (i.e. BF 3) and make me wish I had a case the could accommodate a 3rd 570.

I merged your threads, just a heads up we do have multi-quote option on the forum enabled, here's how: How to use the Multiple-Quote Feature at Hardware Canucks

Well it was mainly to have the 27" as the gaming monitor and run one of the 21.5" Acer monitors as a secondary but that's not going to happen anymore. Seeing as I'm getting piss poor offers for my monitors, I'm going to keep them. One of the two will be going to my fiancee to replace her 20" 3+ year old Acer monitor (going from 1600 x 1050 to 1920 x 1080). The other one is going to go back into a modified surround set up.

What this means is I'm going to play games that do not have nVidia surround support (or poor support) on the big monitor, and when a game does support surround (and the UI isn't stretched out so I have to look on the far left and right monitor) I'll play it at 5760 x 1080, ultimately getting the best of both words. I know playing 27" at 1080p may be weird but prior to going the 3 Acers, I was running a 32" LCD 1080p monitor as my single screen for 2 years.
Old November 30, 2011, 07:05 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I know playing 27" at 1080p may be weird but prior to going the 3 Acers, I was running a 32" LCD 1080p monitor as my single screen for 2 years.
Oh man that must've been disgusting. My friend has a 27" monitor at 1080p and it looks stretched out even then.

But I guess buying another 2 of those 2560x1440 monitors would be a "liiiiiittle" bit overkill huh. (Not to mention expensive as ****).
Old November 30, 2011, 07:07 AM
F@H

My System Specs

A little, hell I barely could convince myself to buy one. Maybe when I'm working full time without a year of school left to survive jobless I'll spoil myself more, but now that Samsung 27" 'er was a had argument against myself to buy it.
Old December 2, 2011, 09:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
A little, hell I barely could convince myself to buy one. Maybe when I'm working full time without a year of school left to survive jobless I'll spoil myself more, but now that Samsung 27" 'er was a had argument against myself to buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoSalmon View Post
Now just imagine...
3 of those would give you a res of 7680x1440. Or...6 would be overkill but give 7680x2880...
;)

Looks like a nice screen. I'm not overly impressed by 3d - yes it does look good when I first looked at it, but continued use just gives me a headache.
Quote:
I merged your threads, just a heads up we do have multi-quote option on the forum enabled, here's how: How to use the Multiple-Quote Feature at Hardware Canucks

Well it was mainly to have the 27" as the gaming monitor and run one of the 21.5" Acer monitors as a secondary but that's not going to happen anymore. Seeing as I'm getting piss poor offers for my monitors, I'm going to keep them. One of the two will be going to my fiancee to replace her 20" 3+ year old Acer monitor (going from 1600 x 1050 to 1920 x 1080). The other one is going to go back into a modified surround set up.

What this means is I'm going to play games that do not have nVidia surround support (or poor support) on the big monitor, and when a game does support surround (and the UI isn't stretched out so I have to look on the far left and right monitor) I'll play it at 5760 x 1080, ultimately getting the best of both words. I know playing 27" at 1080p may be weird but prior to going the 3 Acers, I was running a 32" LCD 1080p monitor as my single screen for 2 years.
Ah, the other forum I use that has the same forum software doesn't allow multi-quote when the posts are on different pages, so I didn't even try.
Old December 8, 2011, 05:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default our systems updates

we have made some changes AGAIN!...it's all fun and games...yes, we like Eyefinity and NV surround

my room overhaul , paint , new desk and audio , NV Surround 24 x 3 GTX590 , Samsung S27A950D 3D monitor is on a second PC

wife's Eyefinity 24 x 3 5990 + 5870 tri-fire

Cafe #1 NV Surround 3D 23 x 3 560TI x 2 SLI

Cafe #2 Eyefinity 22 x 24 x 22 5870 x 2 CF

Last edited by OneManHitSquad; March 20, 2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: image fix
Old December 8, 2011, 06:18 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManHitSquad View Post
...snip...

Bro that is mean as.
Lucky you have a wife that understands. I guess at the same time that must be a bit of a curse with the upkeep of several sweet rigs!
Old December 8, 2011, 07:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:

Bro that is mean as.
Lucky you have a wife that understands. I guess at the same time that must be a bit of a curse with the upkeep of several sweet rigs!
true that!...she is ate up ...we been buying for years and never seem to be able to sell anything so it gets moved down the line...now if I can get my bud's to actually pay a "cafe rental"...hahaha
Old December 8, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Niiiiccceeee :D
Old December 9, 2011, 07:43 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

Bro that is mean as.
I have one that understands as well (at least for me playing on 3 monitors), though she's content on one monitor. That and we can't afford to sink that much extra money on a better desk and more monitors for her.