Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2011, 12:30 PM
Top Prospect

Now just imagine...
3 of those would give you a res of 7680x1440. Or...6 would be overkill but give 7680x2880...
;)

Looks like a nice screen. I'm not overly impressed by 3d - yes it does look good when I first looked at it, but continued use just gives me a headache.
Old November 23, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

BF3 is working much better on EF now. I get about 60fps with 5870s in crossfire, medium settings at 5760x1080. Before it wouldn't even run that res, had to knock it down to 4900x900 or so. The glare is much better and less blinding, but the game itself still needs it turned down. I never had the icon problem to begin with so I can't comment on that.
Old November 23, 2011, 05:57 PM
Top Prospect

My copy of BF3 should be here in a couple of days - get it free with the Rampage IV extreme board.
I have had a quick play of it on an Eyefinity rig - it's damn impressive!
Old November 25, 2011, 05:09 AM
Top Prospect

Batman Arkham City is glorious in Eyefinity. Amazing. Menus are correct, even cut scenes are totally perfect, like the game was made to be played like this.
Old November 25, 2011, 05:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I heard the game was very very buggy in DX11
Old November 25, 2011, 02:55 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I heard the game was very very buggy in DX11
Not that I've noticed. I've only played maybe 3 or 4 hours (work commitments stop me from dedicating a whole day or so) but it looks stunning. I did have to turn down tessellation in order for this to run smooth at 5760x1200 - it was a little jittery with Tessellation set to "Normal".
Old November 26, 2011, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Having some major issues with BF 3 in surround (or the freaking stupid game in general...).

It looks like 2-way 570 doesn't have enough power... but that aside, It graphically displays the image "shifted" When I'm trying to push buttons in the menus, I have to move my mouse to where the button should be, not where it is displayed on the screen. The shift can be both horizontal and vertical.
Old November 29, 2011, 04:34 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
Having some major issues with BF 3 in surround (or the freaking stupid game in general...).

It looks like 2-way 570 doesn't have enough power... but that aside, It graphically displays the image "shifted" When I'm trying to push buttons in the menus, I have to move my mouse to where the button should be, not where it is displayed on the screen. The shift can be both horizontal and vertical.
Bit odd. You have the latest NV drivers I presume? Even on my i7-920 things ran fine with dual 6970's.
I do find with newer games VRAM comes into play when spanning on 3 screens. There was a huge increase in performance (especially in Metro 2033) when I upgraded from 1GB cards to 2GB cards.
Old November 29, 2011, 07:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoSalmon View Post
Bit odd. You have the latest NV drivers I presume? Even on my i7-920 things ran fine with dual 6970's.
I do find with newer games VRAM comes into play when spanning on 3 screens. There was a huge increase in performance (especially in Metro 2033) when I upgraded from 1GB cards to 2GB cards.
I'm not sure what the problem was, but I found a way to fix it... just change the screen resolution and change it back.

Anyone have a report on Skyrim in nvidia surround?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm giving up eyefinity/surround so unless one of you guys whom still try to play on three screens take over, the OP thread won't be renewed (until more games support it and i switch back to it in a year or two)
(sorry for double posts, but was on two diff. pages)

I don't really care all that much that some games don't support surround. It just means that I can max them out easier. Personally, I can't imagine ever going back to a single monitor as I love the productivity and entertainment value of extra monitors! If a game doesn't work that well with surround, I cry a little bit and then run it on a single monitor. I will say that surround breaks the bank as my SLI 570s have trouble in my most demanding titles (i.e. BF 3) and make me wish I had a case the could accommodate a 3rd 570.

Last edited by Arinoth; November 30, 2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old November 29, 2011, 09:39 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by draemn View Post
I'm not sure what the problem was, but I found a way to fix it... just change the screen resolution and change it back.

Anyone have a report on Skyrim in nvidia surround?
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | Widescreen Gaming Forum

Should be working, people have said it is on the discussion there.

Last edited by NI3; November 29, 2011 at 09:56 PM.