Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10, 2011, 07:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Contemplating a nice gaming setup, any thoughts on multiple hdtv's or hd projectors? Short throw projectors can really free up some space if you manage a clean ceiling install, seen some software to blend the edges (loose 15% in overlap but it's seamless) hdtv's are dirt cheap these days (old models)

Any thoughts? I stumbled onto This subject at widescreengamingforum and proceeded to blow a couple hours reading through threads.
Identical models would make it pretty easy. We tried 2 way eyefinity with two 720p projectors in the summer. One was a short throw and the other wasn't. It was just for jokes, but it looked pretty cool. My concern would be having a super wide room.
Old October 10, 2011, 08:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

If I had the money I'd honestly go with option number three, which is a panoramic monitor which allows you to have no bezels at all. Not to mention the added cost 1080p projects would have been run for long periods of times for gaming, you'd have to replace the bulbs fairly often not making them cost effective.

The best option really is just to deal with the bezels by either manually staggering the monitors so that there is only one bezel of the monitor showing rather then two, or panoramic screen.
Old October 11, 2011, 05:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It looks like Fallout: New Vegas has eyefinity support now, which works quite well other then when you want to hack computers (you can't see a lot of the screen and well there is no way to back out as the button is off the screen)
Old October 11, 2011, 06:12 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Contemplating a nice gaming setup, any thoughts on multiple hdtv's or hd projectors? Short throw projectors can really free up some space if you manage a clean ceiling install, seen some software to blend the edges (loose 15% in overlap but it's seamless) hdtv's are dirt cheap these days (old models)

Any thoughts? I stumbled onto This subject at widescreengamingforum and proceeded to blow a couple hours reading through threads.
How about something like this?
Looks pretty awesome and would be mean with 3 projectors!
Old October 14, 2011, 12:57 PM
Top Prospect

I am having a less than optimal time getting RO2 to work with surround. Hopefully when I get some 69x0 series cards it will work better. For now, 460 SLI (hack) is playable, but menus, text, etc is stretched. And with all this talk they had about how they will support triple monitors

Anyone else using nvidia cards having trouble with RO2? It may be working better with AMD.
Old October 14, 2011, 01:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

What exactly is RO2, excuse me for my ignorance
Old October 14, 2011, 01:27 PM
Top Prospect

Red Orchestra 2. Ach... full support patch coming soon it seems. For now the FOV max is 90 via editing an ini.

The devs have been pretty good at fixing problems in a timely manner, so I am not too concerned now.
Old November 12, 2011, 08:59 AM
Top Prospect

Skyrim doesn't seem to work. I haven't been able to pick 5760x1080 from the settings, I think it is possible through editing a file, but then the menus are stretched. There are a few people on widescreengaming that have been working on it since yesterday. There are a few problems, but they should be fixed.

Quote:
I wish we were doing the developers' jobs. If that were the case, with debug tools, full source, etc., we'd have had this done in about two hours flat. Instead, we're attacking it from multiple angles: EvilEngineer and I have been trying to fix the interface's Flash files (which, admittedly, won't solve everything, but should make the game playable), Helifax is fixing things through memory hacks/injections/etc., and I'm not certain how Hayden goes about things, but it's safe to say he doesn't have source code either
Old November 13, 2011, 12:42 AM
Top Prospect

Hope they fix it. It's on top of my xmas list this year, I've already treated myself to Batman AC, just waiting for release day (the 25th this month)
Old November 13, 2011, 10:23 AM
Top Prospect

I believe the devs weren't going to work on it. Even on one screen, it is still excellent. There is someone over at WSGF who has it working, he is just working on an easy way for people to use it.

The bigger problem is that it only uses two cores...

the game is a blatant console port, just look at the menus
(doesn't mean its bad it just means it isn't optimized as well as it should be)

Last edited by NI3; November 13, 2011 at 10:53 AM.