Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2011, 11:11 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Looks great, mainly use the setup to play flight simulators or are you an across the board type gamer (different styles/genres of games)
A lot of Flight Sims but I do play all the "big" titles too.. Crysis, Metro 2033, Homefront, Mafia, BC2, COD, MOH, Mass Effect and other 1st person shooters as well as some RPG's and strategy stuff.
Borg Homeworld - i7 3930K @ 5Ghz kryos HF .925 silver WB - ASUS RIVE Koolance RIVE WB - 4way SLI GTX 580-3GB UD @ 1000/2200 - 16GB DDR3-2200 RAM WB - 4 x GTX 360 rads w/ 24 x CM push-pull fans & shrouds - Aquaero 5 XT controller, 6 PA2 Ultras - 2 Flow meters - 2x Enermax 1500W PSUs - MM Extended Ascension Horizon XL-ATX Case - 2 x Koolance 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 pumps - 3 x 24" Acer H243H Nvidia Surround
Old July 15, 2011, 05:27 AM
Top Prospect

Alice - Madness Returns - Very POOR support. partial fix here Huge FOV issues
Old July 23, 2011, 08:57 PM
Top Prospect

Xmen origins - Wolverine - supported, but not natively.

Modify c:\users\<username>\documents\wolverine\wgame\conf ig\wengine.ini (at the bottom the res can be set)
Old July 23, 2011, 09:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm looking forward to trying the Witcher 2 on nvidia surround once i finish up FEAR Expac 2.
Old August 4, 2011, 08:27 PM
Top Prospect

Hey, I am wondering about having 2 LED monitors for my sides, but a regular LCD for my middle screen.

More specifically this is my LCD:
G2222HDH

and this is the LED I want to purchase:
G2222HDL

Though the LCD version has a decent viewing angle, it is not the best though, could the LED's help with this? Would the two LED's look weird, or would it be alright? I understand that they are compatible, but I have not seen an LED monitor in person, so I really don't know if it would look whacky with the two LEDs on the side.

Also, I would purchase two more G2222HDH's from eBay, as there is a seller with a few in stock, but at $155 ($130 +$25 S/H) per monitor seems ridiculous. Another thing I like about NCIX is that they have an "Zero dead pixel" guarantee, which is only $13 for two monitors.
Old August 4, 2011, 08:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well speaking from experience running 3 LCD monitors, I don't notice a problem with the viewing angles having them angled the way i do. If you are worried about it and the fact LED do offer better pictures on screen as well it couldn't hurt to go with them. The only thing you'll have to remember is that they are your side monitors, which don't get used/focused on as much as the central one so you may not actually notice that much of the perks/difference then the central one.

One a different note, got my GTx 580 3GB ordered and in the mail already. Here's hoping they get here tomorrow!
Old August 5, 2011, 06:18 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Well speaking from experience running 3 LCD monitors, I don't notice a problem with the viewing angles having them angled the way i do. If you are worried about it and the fact LED do offer better pictures on screen as well it couldn't hurt to go with them. The only thing you'll have to remember is that they are your side monitors, which don't get used/focused on as much as the central one so you may not actually notice that much of the perks/difference then the central one.

One a different note, got my GTx 580 3GB ordered and in the mail already. Here's hoping they get here tomorrow!
Nice on the 580, is that two, or a single one?

My order is being processed now!

Too bad it wont get shipped until Monday (probably).
Old August 5, 2011, 06:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI3 View Post
Nice on the 580, is that two, or a single one?

My order is being processed now!

Too bad it wont get shipped until Monday (probably).
That would be 2 580 3GBs, otherwise how would I be able to game on my three monitors

It was shipped already early yesterday afternoon (got the notification) and for 5$ more I went with the express shipping so likelyhood of me getting it today is increasing
Old August 5, 2011, 06:34 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
That would be 2 580 3GBs, otherwise how would I be able to game on my three monitors

It was shipped already early yesterday afternoon (got the notification) and for 5$ more I went with the express shipping so likelyhood of me getting it today is increasing
Where has that brain went... I swear it was around here somewhere :P
Old August 5, 2011, 06:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI3 View Post
Where has that brain went... I swear it was around here somewhere :P
Its more then likely sitting beside the hot coffee or tea that is waiting for you somewhere (provided you drink that crap)

I will be looking into some of the borderlands surround fixes as the fiancee and I are playing that together now.