Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2011, 08:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

How does that work for you when you're browsing the internet, or web browsing. As i tend to use my centre monitor for these tasks (rather then stretching web browsing and such across the three monitors). Do you just have it sized to so that it only fits in the viewable section of the middle monitor?
Old June 9, 2011, 09:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
How does that work for you when you're browsing the internet, or web browsing. As i tend to use my centre monitor for these tasks (rather then stretching web browsing and such across the three monitors). Do you just have it sized to so that it only fits in the viewable section of the middle monitor?
Yep, I just size each window to whichever display I place it in. I do multitask, especially when I mod my games and such. It's fantastic to have a firefox window in one display, a file folder in another and maybe even a movie or something in the other.

I also love when watching YouTube vids that others with Surround/Eyefinity post, you can pop out the video and watch it spanned on all three displays just like it's being played on your system. Such a cool idea. I've actually posted a few myself.
Rig 1 - Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.9Ghz 1.41v | CoolerMaster Hyper212+ w/ UK3kRpm P/P | Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev B3 | 8GB G.Skill Trident 1333Mhz DDR3 | 3GB GTX 580 SLi *3rd is incoming* | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB SSD (boot), 2x WD 320GB RAID-0, WD 1TB | CreAtive X-FI Fatal1ty Titanium Pro | Antec HCP-1200 | CoolerMaster HAF X | 3x HannStar 28" 5960 x 1200 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Logitech G15 rev2 | Logitech G9 Laser
Old June 9, 2011, 09:26 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I may try moving my monitors around the same to help remove the bezels. I've noticed unlike AMD, Nvidia doesn't allow you to compensate for the actual gaps between the monitors, just to align them so that they are fluid across the screens.
Old June 9, 2011, 10:14 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I may try moving my monitors around the same to help remove the bezels. I've noticed unlike AMD, Nvidia doesn't allow you to compensate for the actual gaps between the monitors, just to align them so that they are fluid across the screens.
Just set your displays how you like them, then correct your resolution around the bezels. Works wonderfully for me because my bezels are quite large. I'm considering removing the casing for a smaller bezel area.
Rig 1 - Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.9Ghz 1.41v | CoolerMaster Hyper212+ w/ UK3kRpm P/P | Asus Maximus IV Extreme Rev B3 | 8GB G.Skill Trident 1333Mhz DDR3 | 3GB GTX 580 SLi *3rd is incoming* | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB SSD (boot), 2x WD 320GB RAID-0, WD 1TB | CreAtive X-FI Fatal1ty Titanium Pro | Antec HCP-1200 | CoolerMaster HAF X | 3x HannStar 28" 5960 x 1200 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Logitech G15 rev2 | Logitech G9 Laser
Old June 9, 2011, 10:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I have them set up like that, my point more was the fact that AMD will actually allow you to compensate for the dead space that can be between the bezel of the middle monitor and the other monitor so that you can actually have "blind spots". Whereas with nVidia you have to bezel correct the angle of the monitors but its still just stretched across the monitors, so if my mouse was to go between the two monitors, where a bezel is, it appears either on the side monitor or the centre, rather then in the actual dead spot. Hope I explained myself better this time
Old June 9, 2011, 10:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
I have them set up like that, my point more was the fact that AMD will actually allow you to compensate for the dead space that can be between the bezel of the middle monitor and the other monitor so that you can actually have "blind spots". Whereas with nVidia you have to bezel correct the angle of the monitors but its still just stretched across the monitors, so if my mouse was to go between the two monitors, where a bezel is, it appears either on the side monitor or the centre, rather then in the actual dead spot. Hope I explained myself better this time
Ah, yes, that does make sense now. That would be a nice feature if nVidia were to include it.
Old June 9, 2011, 10:49 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That's why I thought you had your monitors set up like that, sparking the potential good idea it would be for me as well.
Old June 14, 2011, 03:30 AM
Top Prospect

I must post a detraction - BRINK does not support Eyefinity in any shape as far as I've found. Was meant to say NO support, please amend master list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoSalmon View Post
Brink - Full support. - edit - NO SUPPORT
Old June 16, 2011, 04:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default our current setups

these are our current Eyefinity/Nvidia surround setups...as you all probably know..."system components subject to change without prior notice" hahaha

my Eyefinity

the wifes Eyefinity

cafe 3D Surround Vision

Last edited by OneManHitSquad; June 18, 2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old June 17, 2011, 06:02 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Holy.... nice setups.