Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2010, 09:33 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubinMcNubins View Post
I was considering getting a new HDTV for gaming on my xbox because I've been stuck with an old 27" CRT for a few years and I really have no idea where to start. The xbox is located in the basement and most of the time its really dark down there and I'm looking for something that looks good.

So far I've played on my 40" Sony Bravia TV upstairs without the HDMI cable, just the component cables (not the red yellow white ones, the green red blue ones) and it does look good, it just looks a little off, for some reason, and sometimes images stay on the screen. Sometimes I'll turn right or left and look at a dark corner and notice what I was looking at before is still on the screen in the dark area.

Anyways I'm just looking for a relatively cheap ($500 -$700) 37"-42" TV that is good for gaming on an Xbox 360. I'm looking to take advantage of the cheap boxing week sales .
I would definetly go with either a Panasonic LCD if you can afford it or an LG LD450, 520, 550. These all use IPS panels which are the best LCD panels for gaming and have great colour. I have a plasma currently and am returning it due to the fact that personally I can see it flashing which bothers me aswell as the fact IR is annoying and it is less of a hassle not having to worry about IR or Burnin