Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22, 2010, 12:30 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Touchscreen LCD Monitor

When I was looking at Dell's website I found out it has a touchscreen LCD monitor on sale

DELL ST2220T 21.5" Touchscreen Flat Panel Monitor : Monitors: Flat Screen LCD Computer Displays | Dell Canada

Just wondering anyone has experience with a touchscreen monitor desktop and uses on Win7? Since the price is not too high and is on sale, I am very tempted to give it a try. However I still want to get some input before I pull the trigger. Is it a lot better then just using the mouse/keyboard? Or is it just some extra fancy accessory that you don't use very often?
Old December 22, 2010, 01:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I tried a touchscreen out for a little bit at a jobsite and don't care much for it. Unless you want to reach across your desk all day instead of being comfortable and using the mouse. I found it ok for accuracy but still not as good as the mouse. Overall I got a very 'gimmick-y' feel from it.

Maybe others have had better experiences, but I honestly preferred the mouse. I suppose it might be better if you're using graphics programs and want a more natural input than a mouse when you're freehanding, I can't speak from experience on that though.