Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   Soyo 22" Lcd (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/3835-soyo-22-lcd.html)

yycraven December 28, 2007 12:16 AM

Soyo 22" Lcd

Hey everyone, has anyone heard of this company SOYO before. My wife told me they had a 22" SOYO LCD on sale at Wal mart for like $199. She was going to buy it for me but told her to hold off. Cause I never heard of this brand before.

So is it a good LCD or what:dots:

llama_egg December 28, 2007 01:21 AM

Right there you answered your own question. Walmart. I really wouldn't have high hopes over a monitor with some sketchy name going for $200 over there. -_-

Scotch Tape December 28, 2007 01:41 AM

I would buy it then see if it is good you can always take it back!!!

Jmac December 28, 2007 03:13 AM

It probably uses the same panel most 22" LCDs use, but they probably cheaped out on the chassis design, the "behind the scenes" stuff (circuit board, capacitors, etc.), and quality control to keep the costs down.

Digitaldemon December 28, 2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmac (Post 32009)
It probably uses the same panel most 22" LCDs use, but they probably cheaped out on the chassis design, the "behind the scenes" stuff (circuit board, capacitors, etc.), and quality control to keep the costs down.

the soyo series at one time was a leader in crt monitors, along with sceptre and a few others, but faded from the scene... mainly due to problems with quality.

Personally I would think this is more for an office type system, no gaming just web and office applications. The only thing is what is there contrast ratio 100:1, 500:1, 5000:1..... what is the ms . is 5s 2ms.. 15?

I would steer clear of budget stuff, though there are excellent monitors out there in the in sub 500$ range do your self a favor and work down the line in terms of benq, lg, dell, viewsonic and do some research , and save yourself the pain of banging your head on the wall after buying a cheap budget monitor and discovering that ghosting, blurriness dead pixels,might be rampant

save up and then get a quality monitor.. and less pain..

yycraven December 28, 2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digitaldemon (Post 32057)
the soyo series at one time was a leader in crt monitors, along with sceptre and a few others, but faded from the scene... mainly due to problems with quality.

Personally I would think this is more for an office type system, no gaming just web and office applications. The only thing is what is there contrast ratio 100:1, 500:1, 5000:1..... what is the ms . is 5s 2ms.. 15?

I would steer clear of budget stuff, though there are excellent monitors out there in the in sub 500$ range do your self a favor and work down the line in terms of benq, lg, dell, viewsonic and do some research , and save yourself the pain of banging your head on the wall after buying a cheap budget monitor and discovering that ghosting, blurriness dead pixels,might be rampant

save up and then get a quality monitor.. and less pain..

Yeah I was just wondering about this LCD, I seen it at a few pc stores, but just never heard of it.
I do not feel like banging my head against the wall :punk: for making a mistake that would hurt..lol . Thats why I like to ask you guys , I did a little research on the SOYO, they are mid level LCD's
like Digitaldemon said office use. It has a 5ms response time on that one.

I think a good choice would be the Samsung 226BW Widescreen 22" for $323, or the 19" 931BW for $214.

Digitaldemon December 28, 2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yycraven (Post 32068)
Yeah I was just wondering about this LCD, I seen it at a few pc stores, but just never heard of it.
I do not feel like banging my head against the wall :punk: for making a mistake that would hurt..lol . Thats why I like to ask you guys , I did a little research on the SOYO, they are mid level LCD's
like Digitaldemon said office use. It has a 5ms response time on that one.

I think a good choice would be the Samsung 226BW Widescreen 22" for $323, or the 19" 931BW for $214.

go with the samsung,or this that one .. http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=ASUS

Supergrover December 28, 2007 11:30 PM

I second the Samsung, love mine, I like my LG too but the Samsung has a better picture .

I dont care for Veiwsonic's mainly because both my 19: CRT's died within weeks of the 3 year waranty.

Go take a good look @ the monitor's you are interested in @ FS or BB, Staples, rule of thumb with a monitor is look before you buy. Then pick it up wherever you want.

yycraven December 29, 2007 12:07 AM

Yeah I went and looked at those Samsung today, they look great, picture and features. OTV had a few on display running, boy! can you tell the difference in color , sharpness. Still going to look at some other brands as well.
Like that ASUS VW222U 22" that Digitaldemon recommended.

Digitaldemon December 29, 2007 01:40 AM

otv is ok.. with some stuff check this out tho.. if your speaking of otv tech sask...

Future Shop: Computers: Monitors: Samsung SyncMaster 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor (245BW) - Future Shop Exclusive

Future Shop: Computers: Monitors: LG 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor (M228WA-BM) - Black