Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2010, 04:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Think you made the right move. A high quality, high res. 27inch, will be a fantastic upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Still off topic....but last one ;)

Thanks Gord, Martin JDRom.......dropped the hammer on the new 27" Dell ...should be at my door sometime next week I hope...great deal, couldn't pass it up!!

Back on topic....the 580's will have to wait until after the New Year (I think) ;)

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old November 11, 2010, 07:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ Thats what mine says as well....you're in Ontario so I'm sure you'll be unboxing first!! That was the only reason I was considering BD was the fast shipping to the Island....oh well...
Mines due for tomorrow

And since I'm not feeling too well, I might just end up taking the day off work. Then I'll have the day to play with it!
Old November 11, 2010, 08:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^ huh.....all I get when I click on the Purolator Tracking link is " PLEASE CALL 1 888 SHIP-123 OR 1-888-744-7123 FOR INFORMATION ON THIS SHIPMENT.".....

thats what happens when you live west of the Rockies and across the Sea ;)

Old November 11, 2010, 09:50 PM
MVP

Despite stating I wouldn't deal with Dell again, I ordered a U2311H on Saturday, it shipped on Monday and I received it on Thursday. Online tracking didn't work for me either, but Purolator called on Wednesday to inform me of its Thursday arrival.
Old November 11, 2010, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Ah no hurry anyhow.....want to spend a few days on a "clean install" ....due for one....

Old November 12, 2010, 09:42 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Jdrom.....let me know if yours arrives today.....!

Old November 12, 2010, 10:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yup it was attempted to be delivered...so I'll have to go pick it up at the depot tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old November 12, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Came home to a message from Dell....being delivered via Purolator on Tuesday 16th Nov.......that would be about week from time of order. Purolator either:

1. Got lost on the Praries somewhere between Kenora and Regina..
2. Too much snow in the Rockies already
3. Got lost in the Strait of Georgia and wound up in Seattle instead of the Island

Not bad at all really...

Old November 13, 2010, 12:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default U2711 - Thoughts

Went and picked mine up today

The difference in resolution is rather amazing. Coming from 2048x1152 to 2560x1440 is quite a jump. It'll definitely take some time to get used to.

Also either the panel is a bit dirty, or it's due to the anti-glare coating but there seems to be a slight sparkle as most call it. Again, not a big deal, but something to get used to. I think it's common with all UltraSharps though.

SD Reader works great and seems quite fast. Perfect for downloading pictures off my dSLR. Around 16-18MB/s write and 20MB/s read off a Class 10 AData card.

Came with a DP cable which was nice, so I opted to use that. Seems to work fine. VGA came pre-attached which is just stupid. Also came with the USB cable and DVI cable. No HDMI cable (which could be a negative for some), no Component/Composite cables, and no audio cables.

Proximity-aware controls work perfectly. No problems there.

So far so good. Have to play some games though. Movies look great (Toy Story 3 BluRay). Blacks and gradients are perfect, viewing angles better than all my TNs (of course), though even at 20% brightness, I'm finding it too bright still. Probably have to knock it down to 20% which might hurt image quality a bit.

Anyways, onwards with some photos!

Last edited by JD; November 13, 2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old November 13, 2010, 02:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice....looking forward to it !!!