Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2010, 08:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Chris n Martin
Thanks for some "Non-Fermi 580 crazed delusions" and putting things back in perspective......you're both absolutely correct new 27" Dell now....new 580's "after the hype" ;) I never really was all that impressed with the "colors" displayed on my Sammy 1920 x 1200...ok but doesn't "pop".....is the Dell Display really that much better than the standard "run-of-the-mill" LCD's.....ooops..off topic....

Old November 8, 2010, 09:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
I just signed up at Dell, did go with the email newsletter notification but did not see the 5% off reflected in my price....went though the purchase process...up until entering my Credit Card info but no 5% off.....am I missing something...$905 with taxes.
It should of given you a code? You need to enter it into the "Coupon Code" box just before checkout.
Old November 8, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Chris n Martin
Thanks for some "Non-Fermi 580 crazed delusions" and putting things back in perspective......you're both absolutely correct new 27" Dell now....new 580's "after the hype" ;) I never really was all that impressed with the "colors" displayed on my Sammy 1920 x 1200...ok but doesn't "pop".....is the Dell Display really that much better than the standard "run-of-the-mill" LCD's.....ooops..off topic....

Seriously...I have tested few Samsung, LG and Asus LED monitor at job and I wasn't impressed, so I was a little cold about getting a LED Dell, when he get here I fell in love. Simply, nothing more to say. If they do cheap computer, they have found how to make some of the best monitor out here. Also, something I realise is that the setting range seems larger so you are sure to find your eye candy setting. Just my opinion but well...you know that I not evil so As for the 480 and 580, Your 480's will be fine with this new screen so you can wait before to get 580

Edit : Ho and, why not to give us a MINI review of the screen? That would be nice no?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old November 8, 2010, 09:05 PM
Banned
F@H

dells have quite the quality to them. were going wayyy offtopic.

there was an alleged piccie on another board, i see it got taken down, with the dual 8 pins...
Old November 8, 2010, 09:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

rj, I PM'd you my code from my Dell email today. Hope it works for you.
Old November 8, 2010, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Still off topic....but last one ;)

Thanks Gord, Martin JDRom.......dropped the hammer on the new 27" Dell ...should be at my door sometime next week I hope...great deal, couldn't pass it up!!

Back on topic....the 580's will have to wait until after the New Year (I think) ;)

Old November 9, 2010, 08:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well I ordered the U2711 as well. Hopefully Dell doesn't take too long to ship it out.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll run it side-by-side with my 27" Acer (TN panel) and take some pictures. We'll see how I feel though and if I can squeeze them onto my desk together.
Old November 10, 2010, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Mine says "shipped"...we'll see ....home now from work...good to be home...580's out now, but not available yet.

Old November 10, 2010, 06:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
^^^ Mine says "shipped"...we'll see ....home now from work...good to be home...580's out now, but not available yet.
Yeah...my Purolator tracking just says to phone for information. Better get updated soon!
Old November 10, 2010, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Thats what mine says as well....you're in Ontario so I'm sure you'll be unboxing first!! That was the only reason I was considering BD was the fast shipping to the Island....oh well...