Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My opinion would be biased.......LED all the way ! Thinner sets, cleaner for the environment, longer lasting. Other than that, are you willing to spend more for ergonomics ? The issue about image clarity, better colours and better blacks is highly debateable, the way some of these companies lie about their specs and features is borderline criminal.
Old August 5, 2010, 10:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
the way some of these companies lie about their specs and features is borderline criminal.
Best to hit the review sites for independent measurements. And also get user opinions on forums. The only thing worth looking at in the manufacture specs is the size and connections, manufacture ratings for things like contrast/response time/viewing angles is completely worthless.
Old August 6, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitedaccess View Post
Best to hit the review sites for independent measurements. And also get user opinions on forums. The only thing worth looking at in the manufacture specs is the size and connections, manufacture ratings for things like contrast/response time/viewing angles is completely worthless.
I always get a good laugh about those specs, and the over importance some have on specifics. Some monitors at their highest, even mid settings are strong enough to put a hole in your retina. Even funnier are the fast response specs, as they liked to "overdrive" their specs (like their monitors :D)
Old August 7, 2010, 10:03 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
I always get a good laugh about those specs, and the over importance some have on specifics. Some monitors at their highest, even mid settings are strong enough to put a hole in your retina. Even funnier are the fast response specs, as they liked to "overdrive" their specs (like their monitors :D)
Why isn't the response time important? Most gamers seem to concentrate more on the Miliseconds response rating right?

Thank You guys for making the Thread so informative... I really hope it continues its purpose. cheers!

Last edited by Blackdeath; August 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old August 7, 2010, 10:23 PM
Banned
F@H

meh, specs are exagerated from what i read in the one article.
Old August 7, 2010, 11:11 PM
Rookie

ok guys... I'm going with the 23"displays... guess better spend my extra cash on more screen realestate.

I'm divided between choosing either of this two models, the LG E2350T or the Samsung BX2350.

any views on these monitors will be welcomed.

LG E2350T specs: Screen Size 23 inches
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Resolution 1920x1080
Brightness (cd/m2) 250
Contrast Ratio 5,000,000:1
Response Time(ms) 5ms
Viewing Angle H:176/V:170
Color Depth (Number of colors)16.7
MSurface TreatmentAnti-Glare,3H

Samsung BX2350 : Screen Size = 23"
Brightness (Typical) = 250 cd / m2
Contrast Ratio (Typical) = MEGA DCR (Static CR 1,000:1)
Resolution = 1,920 x 1,080
Response Time (Typical) = 2 ms (GTG)
Viewing Angle (Horizontal/Vertical) = 170 / 160 (CR > 10)
Color Support = 16.7 M
Signal input = Video Signal Analog RGB / DVI / HDMI
Sync. Signal = Separate H / V, Composite, SOG
Connector D = Sub / HDMI x 2 (Audio out)

THE SPECS WERE TAKEN FROM THE MANUFACTURER'S RESPECTIVE WEBSITE.

Last edited by Blackdeath; August 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM.

Tags
21" , lcd , led