Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3, 2010, 09:13 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
All LED monitors thus far are TN panels.
Unless you have a little more to spend...

Newegg.com - HP DreamColor LP2480zx Black-Silver 24" 6ms(GtoG) HDMI Widescreen Professional Display w/ LED Backlight & DreamColor Engine 250 cd/m2 1000:1
Old August 3, 2010, 10:25 AM
Rookie

Thank You guys.. You've been so helpful and also thanks for going to the trouble to put links on this thread... anymore info u guys wanna post go ahead.... I will be reading.. again thank you the awesome response! =)
Old August 3, 2010, 01:24 PM
Top Prospect

There is also the Apple Cinema Display (glossy led ips) for a more consumer oriented example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdeath View Post
Thank You guys.. You've been so helpful and also thanks for going to the trouble to put links on this thread... anymore info u guys wanna post go ahead.... I will be reading.. again thank you the awesome response! =)
What is the current monitor you are looking at? Some monitors I hear good things about in your price range (depending on store/sales/etc.) if you need some ideas -

Samsung P2370h, Samsung F2380MX, Samsung XL2370, Acer G245h, Acer h233h/h243h, Dell u2311h.

Not saying these are the best for your needs, but worth looking into. Best to just find one you're interested in a hit the review sites and search up some user experiences on forum posts.
Old August 3, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

IMO it's all a matter of preference. We have few LED in demo at job and I personnally prefer the look of a LCD but other prefer the look of the LED. Go to your local store and see if they have some in demo then look at the one you prefer. Best way to close the deal:P

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 4, 2010, 10:47 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
IMO it's all a matter of preference. We have few LED in demo at job and I personnally prefer the look of a LCD but other prefer the look of the LED. Go to your local store and see if they have some in demo then look at the one you prefer. Best way to close the deal:P
wow... the easiest and most obvious answer of all... I think I might just do that... taking into consideration of the tech info that is on the thread .. also ofcourse
Old August 4, 2010, 11:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdeath View Post
wow... the easiest and most obvious answer of all... I think I might just do that... taking into consideration of the tech info that is on the thread .. also ofcourse
The fact is that if you stay with good brand, LG, Samsung and some other all the monitor are nice. Then the only thing that matter is that you love it and you love the image it render to you.

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 4, 2010, 12:31 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

LED are mercury free, and as mentioned make for thinner sets, I knew better than to believe all the hype my main goal was for a much thinner monitor. ALSO, in terms of longevity and power.
Old August 4, 2010, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
LED are mercury free, and as mentioned make for thinner sets, I knew better than to believe all the hype my main goal was for a much thinner monitor. ALSO, in terms of longevity and power.
Always funny, We have some LG LED at work on demo and they have external power supply which is a shame for me, they are thinner but tere is some reason. the cable also go right out making them impossible to place near a wall or in a small place. Or you have to buy 90 degree cable from anywhere. If you find some. I am curious to see some Samsung.

Martin_metal_88

Old August 4, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Always funny, We have some LG LED at work on demo and they have external power supply which is a shame for me, they are thinner but tere is some reason. the cable also go right out making them impossible to place near a wall or in a small place. Or you have to buy 90 degree cable from anywhere. If you find some. I am curious to see some Samsung.
Not an issue here because this one is on my desk and the cables all come out the back and down under the desk they are not visible and there is a lot of room at the back to spare.. :)
Old August 5, 2010, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How come no one helped when I asked whether to go LCD or LED :(

Either way this thread is very helpful!

Tags
21" , lcd , led