Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30, 2010, 07:00 PM
Trial Member

I was really interested in Matrox GPU back in the old days for 2D 3M = "3 monitors" vision as it really worked in games like Diablo, Neverwinter Nights, MS Flight Similator, NFS etc but they didn't want to compete with nVidia or ATI (now AMD) in the raw GPU Power competition that was so greatly needed and desired during that period of time. The cost of the lower end Matrox version was $450USD and $600USD for the higher end which didn't compete with nVidia or ATI current versions over ten years ago and then you needed to pay for the extra monitors as well with same prices as today but lower resolutions, refresh rates, etc. I luckily stuck to my instincts and didn't buy into it back then, but this time around the 2D 3M is going to be the RAGE this time round. The 3D Vision will take a bit of time (I estimate a decade of fine tuning the glasses, screen and games/moveis) but not as long as the 6M setups will take which is just stupid for a home market. Both ATI and nVidia will target the 2D 3M setups for any future in 3D Gaming or bust there R&D.

I just bought two Galaxy GTX 465 (blows hot air out of case) and two (more) Asus 25.5 16x10 1920X1200 monitors to get DX11, fantastic SLI upscaling and decent power & heat usuage. I am broke but not broken at $1,100 and not taking any vacations in 2010 to cover this cost. Looking forward to the competition between AMD and nVidia

Last edited by TinksMeOff; June 30, 2010 at 07:47 PM.