Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2010, 12:49 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Default LCD Mounting Arm suggestions?

hello everyone

been trying to find a thread on the forums but nothing specific stood out so far, ive been trying to find a decent LCD Mounting Arm system for my monitors. This summer am gonna be redesigning my desk/work/gaming space to get all the ergonomics i want (or can afford lol)

currently have 1 24inch and 1 22inch, planning on a 3rd screen(22inch) in a few months (both are dells)
the 3rd screen is gona be my second PC, mainly a hdd farm and extra Seti/Rosetta platform, so i whant to be able to move the screen out of the way.

i don't want them to be on the same mount, as i currently don't have the space for 3 side by side

i got a small wall mount for my secondary but its too short, i need something that can move around 20-24 inch front to back and at least 8 in lift

ive been looking around and found these 2 different mounts :

Neo-Flex® LCD Arm
LX Desk Mount LCD Arm (a few different versions of this one)

they range from 80 to 130$ witch isn't bad

the LX desk mount as the rang of motion (front/back height) i need, the neo-flex is pretty close too.

anyone have any experience with these or others they can suggests?

Thanks
Pat

My Boinc Stats
Old April 18, 2010, 03:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I was looking at those two a while ago when i got my LCD arm, ended up settling for the neo-flex, but its a bit low for my taste.

After i got it, i found out about monoprice.com, and they have some pretty decent looking LCD arms for fairly cheap ($30), but you have to factor in shipping from the US and possibly customs.
Old May 2, 2013, 07:36 AM
Allstar

I bought the Ergotron LX desk mount for a work application and it is so good I'm getting another one. I also needed an adaptor for a 75mm vesa extension and the phone support at Ergotron showed me the exact part I needed and it's sold at Tigerdirect. I was so impressed by the phone staff at Ergotron I had to share it here, hopefully it helps. Ergotron: Monitor Arms & Stands, Standing Desks, Computer Carts and Device Charging
Old May 2, 2013, 08:06 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I've got 2 of the ergotron MX, they are great for my 27" monitors. Very well built.