Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15, 2010, 10:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default cheap 720p 3D ready projector

NCIX.com - Buy Optoma HD66 3D Ready 720P DLP Projector 1280X720 2500 ANSI 4000:1 HDMI - HD66 In Canada.

As far as specs, it looks good for the price. 720p native resolution, 120Hz, 4,000:1 and 2500 ANSI lumens.

Not THE best contrast ratio, but acceptable. And sure it's DLP so you will get slightly less vibrant colours compared to a LCD (although you will get better blacks) but still, it's a heck of a deal.

Buy this and a nice 96" or so screen and some 3D glasses
I wish I had the money.
Old March 15, 2010, 11:25 PM
MVP

Reading some reviews it looks to be pretty good on a budget. If you have the time to properly calibrate it the image output is pretty good. Biggest problems are the image noise (normal levels compared to other cheaper projectors) and very low brightness when in 3D mode (like all 3D projectors).
Old March 15, 2010, 11:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
Reading some reviews it looks to be pretty good on a budget. If you have the time to properly calibrate it the image output is pretty good. Biggest problems are the image noise (normal levels compared to other cheaper projectors) and very low brightness when in 3D mode (like all 3D projectors).
hmmm, maybe some new 1080p models packing a better contrast ratio and more brightness/vibrance will come out for a little more cash later on. For now I'm waiting for the dust to settle with all the new technology.

I'm still sad OLED hasn't become somewhat popular yet.