Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 9, 2010, 08:26 AM
MrDiaz's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 576

My System Specs

Default BenQ LED 24" 5000000:1

Hey folks,

What do you guys think of this LED display?

NCIX.com - Buy BenQ V2410 24IN LED LCD Monitor 1920X1080 5000000:1 Black HDMI - V2410 In Canada.
__________________
-- Viva Canada! --
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old March 9, 2010, 10:00 AM
Eagle Eye's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kleinburg, ON
Posts: 2,069

My System Specs

Default

BenQ has yet to disappoint me, my BenQ FP241W was and still is a phenomenal monitor. If you could find that I would recommend it despite its age.

Not this though

EE

Yeah I take what I said back....

Edit....errr my only gripe is the 16:9 aspect ratio, I know this is of much discussion but I prefer a 16:10 I think it all depends on what you use the monitor for. I hate what manufacturers are doing just to save a buck a 24" is capable of more and they're dumbing it down for no real good reason.

Last edited by Eagle Eye; March 9, 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: I take it all back. I need to read more.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old March 9, 2010, 04:54 PM
Iceman's Avatar
Rookie
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 47
Default

I'm not sure about that monitor, but I just got a BenQ G2412HD a week or two ago and I'm really happy with it so far. It's a really good bang for the buck too, $199 for a 23.56in monitor. It has similar stats to the monitor you're looking at, for about $80 less. It might be worth a look.
__________________
Antec P182 - Gigabyte EP35 DSR3 - E8400@3.6Ghz - 2x2 GB GSkill F2 6400CL4 - HIS HD 5770 - Audigy 2 - Corsair Force 3 60GB - 7200.11 500GB - Silencer 610W - Windows 7
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old March 9, 2010, 05:33 PM
MrDiaz's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oakville, ON
Posts: 576

My System Specs

Default

Hmm still trying to look for that ideal display for my new gaming rig
__________________
-- Viva Canada! --
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old April 12, 2010, 09:16 PM
homer98's Avatar
Top Prospect
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 130

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I'm not sure about that monitor, but I just got a BenQ G2412HD a week or two ago and I'm really happy with it so far. It's a really good bang for the buck too, $199 for a 23.56in monitor. It has similar stats to the monitor you're looking at, for about $80 less. It might be worth a look.
Its not similar because the OP's monitor he is talking about is LED. thats a pretty major difference and that is why it is more expensive than the one you are recommending.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old April 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 51
Default

Dynamic contrast ratio means shit though.
What is the actual contrast ration? I bet it's not far from 1000:1
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old April 13, 2010, 06:59 AM
grinder's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 821

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koslov View Post
Dynamic contrast ratio means shit though.
What is the actual contrast ration? I bet it's not far from 1000:1
LED backlit monitors are far better than 1000:1 man... gimme a break
__________________
Phenom II 945 :: ASUS M4A78-E (780G) :: BFG 285GTX :: 4GB Mushkin DDR2 (5-4-4-12) :: Creative Xi-Fi :: Seagate 500 gig 7200.12 (better than WD BLACK!!!!!) :: Samsung 2493HM
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old April 13, 2010, 03:54 PM
m1dget's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Terrebonne, Qc
Posts: 707

My System Specs

Default

I love the "Before turning it on" and "After turning it on" part. At least we know that in theory it -should- work after turning it on. o.O
__________________
"NIX is a classic example of security through obscurity because there is no real monetary reward for crackers and hackers to break Linix" -AkG
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old April 13, 2010, 11:28 PM
r0bc's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: AB
Posts: 688

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
I love the "Before turning it on" and "After turning it on" part. At least we know that in theory it -should- work after turning it on. o.O
Nice monitor but yeah whats that all about?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old April 23, 2010, 09:57 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
BenQ has yet to disappoint me, my BenQ FP241W was and still is a phenomenal monitor. If you could find that I would recommend it despite its age.

Not this though

EE

Yeah I take what I said back....

Edit....errr my only gripe is the 16:9 aspect ratio, I know this is of much discussion but I prefer a 16:10 I think it all depends on what you use the monitor for. I hate what manufacturers are doing just to save a buck a 24" is capable of more and they're dumbing it down for no real good reason.
I am pretty sure their reasoning is for consumers to use the monitor with devices like an xbox 360 or a dvd/blu-ray player that are 1080p spec. The trend seems to be lately, build a monitor that will work for PC and Home Entertainment devices.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] [IC] Dell Vostro V13 - 13.3" LED, 2gb, 320gb, x4500mhd, 0.65" thick, 3.5lbs coriolis Buy/Sell & Trade 1 February 26, 2010 07:25 AM
[FS] FS: Benq 24" G2400W LCD MarcusFoX Buy/Sell & Trade 20 January 3, 2010 10:31 AM
[FS] BenQ G2412HD 23.6" Monitor - New (Plastic Wrap still on) Yamcha Buy/Sell & Trade 6 January 2, 2010 09:32 AM
24" LED Backlit Monitor JD Display Units 10 November 13, 2009 11:18 PM