Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I bought that exact monitor on the weekend, I will let u know how I like it when it arrives. NCIX is a little slow on their shipping right now :(
Old April 23, 2010, 12:37 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

A little late here Eldonko :p

I ended up buying the U2410 instead
Old April 23, 2010, 01:07 PM

AH that is nice too, how come you decided against led?
Old April 23, 2010, 02:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I went by TigerDirect and Canadacomputers and they had it on display, it was definately a lot better than most of other TN panels out there, but when I compared it to the U2410 I liked the Dell better. Colors seem to pop a lot more, contrast, brightness. Overal picture quality seemed superior on the Dell.

That and some other minor factors I saw on the web as I was trying to purchase a display
Old April 23, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
BenQ has yet to disappoint me, my BenQ FP241W was and still is a phenomenal monitor. If you could find that I would recommend it despite its age.
Oh man when I was looking for a new monitor to upgrade from my crappy 19" acer back in the day I had heard about that monitor just as it was going EOL. I then tried finding one after I had read many reviews on different monitors and that one was supposed to be pretty damn good. By that time though I couldn't find any :( I then went through a couple of monitors, first was a Samsung 2443bw (or something) but that was TN so didn't like it. Then I got a Dell 2408wfp when they first came out and that was a SWEET monitor - except it had terrible backlight bleeding in the corners and i was using it to watch movies and stuff on at the time as well as gaming. So I RMA'ed that one and eventually ended up getting a 32" Sharp Aquos LCD TV and used that for a long time. Now I'm using my current monitor. Anyways back on topic, that monitor actually looks pretty decent. Picture quality won;t be as good as a PVA/MVA or IPS obviously but it should be decent. I've never heard anybody complain about a BenQ monitor.
Old April 23, 2010, 02:53 PM

Yah Ive been using only BenQ monitors for years and must say I quite like them.