LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2010, 06:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default UltraSharp Return Policy?

I was chatting with Dell and the representative claims the following:
  • 30 days return policy, even if opened
  • No fees
  • No shipping costs (contact then and they'll send a box)
  • Dead pixels fully covered
So I want to confirm that with my fellow Canucks...

I can't find that in their policy, but maybe UltraSharps differ? Their policy is more along the lines of 30 days, unopened, pay taxes, shipping and possibly restocking fees.

I'm considering trying a 2709W, but I hear it has quite the input lag, so I might not end up liking it.
Old February 18, 2010, 08:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I was chatting with Dell and the representative claims the following:
  • 30 days return policy, even if opened
  • No fees
  • No shipping costs (contact then and they'll send a box)
  • Dead pixels fully covered
So I want to confirm that with my fellow Canucks...

I can't find that in their policy, but maybe UltraSharps differ? Their policy is more along the lines of 30 days, unopened, pay taxes, shipping and possibly restocking fees.

I'm considering trying a 2709W, but I hear it has quite the input lag, so I might not end up liking it.
I bought a 2709W from them around X-mas, can confirm to you that it's super easy to return and costs you nothing. You have 30 days from the day you receive it. If you want to return, and I did, just call them and they'll email you all the courier stuff. Just re-pack it and either call or drop off to UPS. Wait a few weeks and your credit card will be refunded for the full amount. Can't beat that. BTW I returned the 2709 rev A04 because of the input lag. It was bad. Mouse felt like it was moving through quicksand. I've been using a 3007WFP for a couple of years now, much better.

Cheers

PS They will try to make you keep it by offering you $100, $150 coupons for future orders. Just say no thanks.
Old February 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Input lag was that bad eh? I've never experienced it, so I have no idea how I'm going to feel about it.
Old February 18, 2010, 02:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

A friend of mine played monitor-go-round with 2407s a few years ago. I think they sent him like 4-5 displays before he stopped sending them back, lol. All at no extra cost. :)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old February 18, 2010, 03:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Input lag was that bad eh? I've never experienced it, so I have no idea how I'm going to feel about it.
It's very personal. Some people don't notice it at all, some do.
Old February 18, 2010, 04:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel View Post
It's very personal. Some people don't notice it at all, some do.
Yeah so I hear. Average seems to be about 40ms, or 2.5-3FPS. I don't play anything competitively, nor do I consider myself a fast gamer (my friend for example is crazy), so I don't think it would be a huge deal in games. But if it's bad on the desktop too, then it could be an issue.

Curious, did you like it otherwise? And what connection were you using? Some claim VGA and DisplayPort have less lag.
Old February 18, 2010, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Had one and never noticed lag ever. Was a sick monitor.
Old February 19, 2010, 07:56 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah so I hear. Average seems to be about 40ms, or 2.5-3FPS. I don't play anything competitively, nor do I consider myself a fast gamer (my friend for example is crazy), so I don't think it would be a huge deal in games. But if it's bad on the desktop too, then it could be an issue.

Curious, did you like it otherwise? And what connection were you using? Some claim VGA and DisplayPort have less lag.
I think it has a lot to do with what you're using now and therefore what you're "used to." The 3007wfp has very low input lag and that's what I was using. I actually didn't notice it in games as much as I did moving the mouse around the desktop. Strange eh? I tried really hard to keep it but the mouse movement was driving me nuts.
Old February 19, 2010, 12:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I actually was reading some of your posts over on [H]. Right now I have the E228WFP or something like that, and apparently it has next to none input lag. So I imagine 40ms+ would be quite noticeable.

I'm actually considering this Acer 27" now that's a fair bit cheaper and TN-based so it should be fine lag wise. Not like I need super accurate colours anyhow.
Old February 19, 2010, 06:36 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I actually was reading some of your posts over on [H]. Right now I have the E228WFP or something like that, and apparently it has next to none input lag. So I imagine 40ms+ would be quite noticeable.

I'm actually considering this Acer 27" now that's a fair bit cheaper and TN-based so it should be fine lag wise. Not like I need super accurate colours anyhow.
Yeah, I was really interested in that one as well. Some guy posted some pics at [H]. The 3007wfp is getting a little big for me. Sometimes I can't handle to small text. It sucks because there are really no return options for the Acer if you don't like it.