Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2009, 07:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Got my new TV, its awsome lol

Well thanks to help from lcdguy and other forums I narrowed my choice to the samsung pn50b540 and i love it, very happy with my purchase.

I got some quick pictures of it. I wish I had my better camera that didnt get drowned out by light but I have to wait till xmas before my wife can open the new one I bought her lol.

Two pictures of just the windows media center on my TV and 1 of a HD rip of crank 2, unfortuanly its 720p not 1080 so its not prfect but I wont have bluray till xmas either lol. Exuse the mess, entertainment center needs to be organized again and I wa sin such a rush to make sure the tv works I didn't hide cords properly yet.

Edit: added 1 more picture with the cable mess cleaned and hidden

Last edited by ragenrok; December 11, 2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old December 11, 2009, 07:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Glad you like it. I was thinking of getting this model myself. You should hook up a computer to it and let me know how you find it as an oversized monitor (for gaming and such of course) ;D

Do you know off the top of your head if this one has pixel-shifting?
Old December 11, 2009, 08:03 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Im not sure if the 540 itself does but I used the service menu hack to turn my 540 into a 560 and I can conferm the 560 has pixel shifting lol

Edit:

Incase you dont know the hack im talking about its very simple

Did I just turn my Samsung PN58B550 into a 560? Yes I did! - AVS Forum

the samsung plasmas 530,540,550,560 all use the same panels, the only hardware difference is the amount of connections. The firmware is also the same for all of them, only difference is which modle is selected. To change it all you do is enter the service menu and change which modle number it is and bam, you get all the features of what ever model you selected.

I now have the other options like cinema smooth for 24fps movies and such.

Last edited by ragenrok; December 11, 2009 at 08:14 AM.