Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2009, 09:56 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

woot, just called visions and yes there 15 day staisfaction thing and free shipping if theres a problem covers dead pixels. After 15 days though it goes by manufacture poilicy for dead pixels.

Whats the chance of a dead/frozen pixel popping up after 15 days? lol

lol im just so tempted to go for the pilips as I do plan to watch alot of bluray and from what im reading 120hz does make a good difference in action movies lol.

Gah im so torn

sorry for all the questions but this is alot of money and you seem to be the only person out of 3 forums i've tried that will help me lol.

Last edited by ragenrok; November 30, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old December 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well. I somewhat convinced my wife to let me get one. I told her if can find a nice TV for a good price ima get it and she grunted ok at me and walked off so i ordered my self

TV & Video: Television: Samsung 50" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV** (PN50B540) | Best Buy Canada Web Store

Got it for $1160 from bestbuy thanks to their handy dandy 10% off if you find it cheaper somewhere else, walmart was selling it for $4 less so they had to knock off 10% lol

Now I just have to find a TV stand for it and im golden,e ither grab one from walmart or sears.

Sears is a bit more but they have nicer options.

I Figured out a good placment to stop the windows from interfering with it so light wont be a problem, and I dont game to much (1.5 hours a day max if I do lol) so im not worried about IR. And this solves my worries about motion blurring as fromw hat i hear plasmas dont have this problem.