Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2009, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Samsung Monitor Error

I started having problems with my monitor (Syncmaster 245T) about a month ago. After leaving it on for a while, anywhere from one hour up it messes up and black pixels turn green (not all of them) and white can have pink in them. It's really odd. I noticed it quite a bit playing the original Splinter Cell but it happens when I play games or surf the net.

I can usually get it to straighten out by turning the monitor off for about five minutes. Any way. I thought I'd post some pics and see if anyone might be able to tell me what the problem might be? It all most seems like it's displaying at a lower bit rate than what it's supposed to. I don't know. Here is a couple of pics I took to show what I mean.

Link

More ugly

Here is the third pic, sorry for the blur, I forgot to up the iso. The green in this pic is supposed to be black. Link
Old September 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

what you see is the liquid crystals running down behind the glass.

you better keep the mon. shut off, otherwise it will get in the electronics and short circuit the whole thing.

Wow, am i intelligent!

Ego cogito, ergo deus non est.
Old September 22, 2009, 03:51 PM
Allstar

Wow, that's pretty bad. Wish I could help you out. Unfortunately my Samsung just died on me a couple days ago.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old September 22, 2009, 04:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

"liquid crystals running down behind the glass." Eh? Um, never heard of that issue before. Have you any links that describe that issue?

Nodscene, My HDTV is made by LG. Flawless TV. I think I will be bying LG monitors from now on. Samsung, sheesh.
Old September 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
"liquid crystals running down behind the glass." Eh? Um, never heard of that issue before. Have you any links that describe that issue?
LCD = Liquid Crystal Display

Your panel looks to be pretty much failing allowing the liquid inside to run
Old September 22, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes, I know what LCD stands for. I have never heard of the LC's falling down. If you were to see this live, it looks as though the pixels are blinking rather than falling. They only effect certain colors not the whole monitor. For example this web page is near flawless. Only some pink where the light blue should be in the tab bar. Everything else seems fine.