Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10, 2010, 10:48 AM
Trial Member

Default LG E2350V and AsusG60J

As rjbaker says it should be easy.
However the output connector on the ASUS60j (A 16" version of the same) is a D15 sub analog.
So when I connect over the analog the display will not display anything at 1920 x 1080: claims the signal is out of range.
By the way the options I can select does not include the full HD i.e. 1920 x 1080 but only others and lower. But using the options in the NVIDIA driver (i just downloaded the newest to be 197.16 for windows 64 bit ultimate ) I could trim teh settings to teh needed 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz.
I also tried with a HDMI cable again it came up on 720p not on 1080p??
The store/shop claims the display is Ok. However I don't know if he is testing on the DVI connector (probably is).
any idea how to solve this?
a converter from DVI to D15 sub would only work provided the signal is analog?
By the way the computer can not detect the screen (DDC channel not working?)

I tried today on two old IBM and Dell std. 1200 x 1024 4x3 format. It only suggetsed 1024 x 768??? strnage but could read both type of displays.
Now further testing is difficult the display is in Spain, and I am in Norway.
Old January 17, 2012, 05:09 PM
Rookie

Default Same type of problem

I'm having sort of the same issue. I just received my Asus notebook today. I plugged it in via HDMI and it worked decent. It looked pretty good until I put a DVD in. It got really choppy and pixels were very blocky. I didn't have any sound through HDMI though. I did the Asus live update which updated the drivers and added extra stuff for video enhancement etc. After I did this, it only showed on my TV as windows loaded. When it went to the password screen my TV went black. I did a restore it worked again, re updated the drivers, then same thing. I have an Asus X53U goin to a Yamaha 3D receiver via HDMI then to LG 32" TV about 4 years old from HDMI to DVI with an adapter cable. I'm having issues getting my cable audio to come through my receiver with HDMI I have to use RCA cables as well for audio. Hopefully you guys can help me get this working good because the whole reason I bought a new notebook was just to watch movies in better quality on my TV instead of buying a decent DVD player i figured I'd be able to get nest of both worlds.
Old January 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Which ASUS notebook?

One other thing: DVI has the capability to pass audio signals on to HDMI if using the proper video card and adaptor. HOWEVER, HDMI cannot pass audio signals to DVI.
Old January 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
Rookie

Default hey

its an Asus X53U. Im using straight HDMI to the receiver for sound. Only from my receiver to the TV is HDMI to DVI as my tv doesnt have HDMI. I dont use the speakers on that at all so the DVI shouldn't be an issue
Old January 25, 2012, 06:50 PM
Rookie

Anyone?
Old May 3, 2014, 11:15 AM
Trial Member

After the last forced Windows8 update, my HDMI1 port will not recognize my Emerson TV. Last time this happened all I had to do was hard re-boot my computer. This doesn't work this time. ????