Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 12, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Toshiba image problems

Hello, my parents got themselve a 42in Toshiba LCD TV 2-3 years ago and my father has been quite upset at a problem which I am not sure how to qualify. Its kind of like some burnt pixels, I am not sure. I took a few pictures of the TV to show you because a picture is worth a 1000 words

What do you think can be done about this ? Is this warranty material ? (I live in Quebec, so no matter what Toshiba says, I still have warranty)

Edit: Model number for anyone who wants is 42HL196.
Attached Images

Old August 12, 2009, 07:28 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Looks like some kind of burn-in, this rarely affects LCD as far as I know. Try if you can to display a full bright white screen and leave it for an hour or so, I got this form my Sharp Aquos manual. If it has the same problem after I would look to the warranty.

Edit: did a quick search and it looks like there are others with the same problem and it looks like they are getting a run a round with the warranty.

Last edited by TopDogZero; August 12, 2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old August 12, 2009, 09:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I tried putting a white image for more than 1 hour and it did not fix anything.
Old August 12, 2009, 10:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Warranty, call them and get the ball rolling sooner is better. Let us know how it turns out.
Old August 15, 2009, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am looking but I can't find it, does anyone know if there is an email address I can use to get in touch with Toshiba instead of using the phone. I just find it much more practical, specially in this case to get a hold of someone by email rather than by phone.
Old August 15, 2009, 02:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's better to contact by phone for big-ticket items. You can explain what the problem is. They will probably give you an email address where you can send your complaint and pictures describing problems or direct you customer service or tech support. This way, they will probably give you a case or reference number for forther contact. This is what I would do in this case.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)