Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
Ya I read that somewhere else while doing my research on the dell. There is no 22" Ultrasharp (at least not now) version. The 20" is too small and the 27" is out of my price range. They no longer list the 24" dell on the dell.ca site so they might have discontinued it or are doing a model change.
Home & Home Office: UltraSharp 2407WFP-HC Wide-Screen Black Flat Panel Monitor, LCD with Height Adjustable Stand

New model with an expanded colour gamut, it's just a bit harder to find on the site.
Old July 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
Ya I read that somewhere else while doing my research on the dell. There is no 22" Ultrasharp (at least not now) version. The 20" is too small and the 27" is out of my price range. They no longer list the 24" dell on the dell.ca site so they might have discontinued it or are doing a model change.
There never will be a 22" Ultrasharp ... All the Ultrasharps use MVA-,PVA-, or IPS-type panels. Unfortunately, none of these panels come in a 22" variety and it's very unlikely that they ever will.

The 24" version recently changed models. Mars posted a link to it. It's about $400 more, but you get a much higher quality panel, 2 more inches, a higher resolution, and many other features.

The good thing about getting a Dell is that you can return or exchange it if you're not satisfied with basically no penalty.
Old July 25, 2007, 07:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have been using this monitor for about 1 1/2 months and no dead pixels yet. There are better 22" monitors out there, but this was priced within my budget and the warranty was good as well. I'm happy with it.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)