Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28, 2009, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

that's the one i got, its white and for $599 shipped. What a deal!!!

-Plato
Old July 28, 2009, 05:33 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Samsung's new B-series is ok in my experience but I am looking forward to their B-750 and B-850 as the 630 and 650 TVs seem to have issues with motion blur in certain modes.

Sharp's new stuff is extremely hit and miss as well it seems.
Old July 28, 2009, 07:22 PM
MVP

ya i think it is a great deal 2 even thou the colour selection wasnt the greatest,but if i needed a 32" i wood have bought the sharp gammer 2.

man it was stuck at $1000;00 4 so long i thought it wood never come down in price

there were a few sales here /there i priced watched 4 my brother and i think he got it 4 $850;00 somewere in there the black 1

grats on your purchase im sure u will realy injoy it
Old July 30, 2009, 11:22 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Samsung's new B-series is ok in my experience but I am looking forward to their B-750 and B-850 as the 630 and 650 TVs seem to have issues with motion blur in certain modes.

Sharp's new stuff is extremely hit and miss as well it seems.
That seems to be the way it is with most of the companies. Surprisingly, I ended up going LG, because the particular model WASN'T crap, and the price was WAY better than Sharp or Sammy at that point. In researching before I bought it, I found lots of complaints against particular models of every company, and glowing praise for others...Mind you, I guess that shouldn't be overly surprising; every company has duds at times, but it's still something to consider, as I often hear people say something like "any Sharp is better than any LG," or "I'd only buy Sharp." Individual models still determine a lot.
Old July 30, 2009, 11:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

LC32GP3U-R is still available at Best Buy at $599. After tax it came to $705 for me.

The sharp TVs use Advanced Superview, which is a variation on VA panel. This panel smokes the cheap'ol TNs that you typically get with LCD monitors.
The only things comparable to this would be the Dell ultrasharps at 24-27". However, none of these have TV tuner functionality, no remote... whereas the Sharp HDTV sacrifices 1920x120 space.

Based on the price, and the connectivity with it, I think getting this 1080p is a definite must. Last I check there's 40 left online over Best Buy so hurry!
Old July 30, 2009, 12:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

High five panzer :) I got the White one :)

-Plato
Old July 30, 2009, 12:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I got the red one jcmaz (high-five). I wish I can get a second one in the future... my pocket isn't deep enough for dual wielding! If I have white, than it'd a red-white Touhou setup.
Old July 30, 2009, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i just don't have enough space

btw, panzer, when is your TV coming?? Mine is suppose to come tommorow from Toronto to Vancouver in 3 days by Canada Post.

-Plato
Old July 30, 2009, 04:12 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Shipped from Missassaga to Burnaby, ETA 5th August.
Old August 6, 2009, 06:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, my Sharp GP3U came in the other day, but my dad has a buyer's remorse.
The Sharp has very nice colors and lots of tweaking options.

-Plato