Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2009, 09:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that my first LCD purchase will be a sharp aquos. Probably a 42". (has to have DVI for some gaming goodness)
I don't think most come with DVI (unless i've been out of the loop for far to long). You can however connect either straight HDMI to HDMI, or you can go from your computer DVI and a convert to go to HDMI to your tv (i do the second one right now, though the new GPU supports HDMI)
Old June 28, 2009, 05:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

I myself am looking to buy a new 42 inch tv and am pretty sure it will be a sharp Aquos(sp).
not to concerned with a puter being attached to it altho would be a nice + if i could :)
Also looking at buying a bose surround sound (don't know yet what model of bose)
and of coarse a blue ray player:)
hopefully it will make me a good movie and tv system to enjoy:)
Love the movies:)
Old June 28, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

why would you choose Sharp instead of the other brands? Also, the salesman at Bestbuy told me that LCD Tvs only last for ~4 years b/c of the backlight and tried to convince to buy the crappy Insignia tvs w/ 4 year warranty for ~$500. is wat the salesman said true?

-Plato
Old June 28, 2009, 07:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

Well i have decided on sharp because:
1. i have only heard good things about it , the picture and ports(hdmi) etc etc
Also from what i have seen wich is mainly wally world tvs, Vizio and such the sharp blows them away with picture sharpness and colors!
For me the price of the sharp is about 3 to 400 bucks higher but in the end i think it will be worht the cash to have a good tv :)

Plus the milliseconds on the 42 sharp is 4 ms compared to many others at 8 ms:)
Old June 28, 2009, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I just take your question to my personal photographer ( co-worker wich is a profrssional photographer ) and he tell me for image quality between these 3 model the samsung win the round. And Wolbane, MS isn't important because actually the human eyes can't see hunder 8MS so will never see a difference between 4 ans 8 Ms. Sharp LG and Samsung are almost the 3 best TV maker over the world now only have to see wich model in the list is the best.

Regard

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 28, 2009, 07:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

So its between the sharp and the sammy :)
Gonna have to look into the sammy it looks like and do my home work :)
Also thatnks for the ms info i did not know that :)
On this note JCMAZ see this link :)

YouTube - Sharp LC-52D62U 52-inch HD LCD TV
Old June 28, 2009, 08:26 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I hope you have a powerful enough graphics card for your gaming on that, especially the latest games ! Once you game on those sets you would never go back to the cheap consumer LCD monitors again LOL
Old June 28, 2009, 09:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
why would you choose Sharp instead of the other brands? Also, the salesman at Bestbuy told me that LCD Tvs only last for ~4 years b/c of the backlight and tried to convince to buy the crappy Insignia tvs w/ 4 year warranty for ~$500. is wat the salesman said true?
Yes and no, certain parts are designed to have an average life expectancy of just outside the warranty. One of which is the backlight, however typically nothing bad happens if you maintain and look after your TV (ergo don't leave it on for hours when its not being used, have it hooked up to a stage 1 (or higher) surge protector/power filter). Where Best Buy and all those other stores make most of their money (i say most because TVs still have some mark up on them) is from the extended warranties through their stores and the accessories (used to work for Best Buy). However, if you buy one of those extended warranties, if you have to actually bring in your unit (had fun with this with GPUs that kept dying near the extended warranties with over the counter exchanges) you're getting your money's worth in the repairs.

Hopefully this was enlightening
Old June 28, 2009, 09:27 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
Sharp Sharp Sharp.

The best lcd maker hands down. I have the 37" 1080p.
I definitely wouldn't go that far and I own a Sharp LC32D64U
Old June 28, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Go read SKY's review on the samsung 52" LCD. I would definitely take a hard look at that.