Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2009, 10:07 PM
Top Prospect

Default looking for a decent cheap HDTV

I need an HDTV for my bedroom to replace my hold SDTV. It's mostly for my PS3 which is currently hooked up to my PC monitor. Now I'm not rich enough to afford anything big with fancy specs. I did find one that seemed decent and is very cheap, but it would be nice to get input from those who are more experenced with this stuff.

Future Shop: TV & Video: 40"-49" TVs: Toshiba 40" 1080p LCD HDTV** (40RV525R)

I've googled the model number but haven't found any reviews, I did however read a few comments on other sites such as bestbuy.com and amazon. Everyone seemed happy with the TV but one comment said despite the TV being advertised as Full 1080P, the real resolution was 1366x768. so does anyone know if this is true? any other reccommendations?

thanks in advance.
Old June 18, 2009, 04:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this one i was looking at for a cheap Future Shop: TV & Video: 40"-49" TVs: Dynex 42" 1080p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV** (DX-LCD42HD-09)
just seen this one too i own 1 of the cheapest lcd you can get and know lots of others with them too bang for buck Future Shop: TV & Video: 30"-39" TVs: Dynex 32" LCD HDTV** (DX-L32-10C)
p.s i luv my 32 lcd insignia and it's only 720p but gets the job done
wow just found out that they now make a 1080p 32' Future Shop: TV & Video: 30"-39" TVs: Insignia 32" 1080p LCD HDTV** (NS-L322Q-10A)

Last edited by gingerbee; June 18, 2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old June 18, 2009, 08:43 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Basically go in and look at the picture for yourself,lcd reviews can be hard to find. They'll probably be feeding it a 1080i sat/cable feed so you'll be able to judge the picture for yourself. The only eyes i trust when i'm buying a tv are my own.
Old June 18, 2009, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Tell us how much money you are willing to spend and we'll be able to tell you a bit better, in which direction to look....
Old June 18, 2009, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am a cheapass.
I have the Dynex DX-LCD42HD-09 (Ginger's first link), and sitting next to the 37" Bravia in store I couldn't really notice a whole lot of difference. The main thing about this TV is getting settings right, but once they're right this thing looks awesome. If you want something cheap in the 40" range, I'd say this one is a good buy. Speakers also don't sound half bad, if you're gonna stick with just those.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...