Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   I just bought a 22 inch! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/1822-i-just-bought-22-inch.html)

Cheator July 5, 2007 11:30 AM

I just bought a 22 inch!

Hey all. New to the forums here, coming from another overclocking community. I figured I'd like to talk to people more close to home ;).

Anyway, I just bought a Dell E228WFP and got a kick ass deal on it (saved about 50 bucks from retail). Anyone have any experience with this sucker? Can't wait till it arrives.

hausner July 5, 2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheator (Post 13558)
Hey all. New to the forums here, coming from another overclocking community. I figured I'd like to talk to people more close to home ;).

Anyway, I just bought a Dell E228WFP and got a kick ass deal on it (saved about 50 bucks from retail). Anyone have any experience with this sucker? Can't wait till it arrives.

buyed from RFD ?

Cheator July 5, 2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hausner (Post 13569)
buyed from RFD ?

I didn't get it through an online store. Its a local source that gave me a deal. I can't be more specific cause I don't know if I am allowed to say.

Gav July 5, 2007 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheator (Post 13558)

I don't have personal experience with this monitor but usually the higher-end Dell monitors are excellent quality and get rave reviews. Congratulations on the purchase.:clap:

Misoprostol July 5, 2007 03:15 PM

Yeah I love my Dell. I picked up a used 2405FPW a little while back. Fantastic monitor.

belgolas July 5, 2007 03:40 PM

Dell's high end monitors rock. So it is a good monitor.

Cheator July 5, 2007 06:41 PM

Well I'll let you guys know how it is when it comes

Jmac July 5, 2007 07:23 PM

It's a pretty decent monitor, but like any 22" monitor on the market, it does use a relatively inferior Twisted Nematic + Film panel type (as opposed to the Vertical Alignment or In-Plane Switching panels found in most of the 24" monitors, although they usually cost twice as much). As long as you're not picky about colour accuracy, screen uniformity, or viewing angles, though, the 22" monitors are a hell of a bargain.

Cheator July 12, 2007 05:39 AM

My god its huge! I love it! Got it in last night and hooked it up right away. Not a single dead pixel, and only a bit of backlight bleeding. This thing is amazing, I'll write a review when I can, and I'll probably get a second one.

belgolas July 12, 2007 02:32 PM

Glad you like it. They are good. And cheap.