Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Display Units (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/)
-   -   Samsung 2443BW Vs T240 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/display-units/16561-samsung-2443bw-vs-t240.html)

3 of 7 April 6, 2009 12:18 PM

Samsung 2443BW Vs T240

I'm looking at these two monitors and other than the T20 having HDMI can anyone tell me if there is any other diffrences? The T20 is $20 cheaper because it's on sale.

Future Shop: Computers: Monitors: Samsung SyncMaster 24" LCD Monitor With 5ms Response Time (2443BW)

Future Shop: Computers: Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster 24" LCD Monitor With 5ms Response Time (T240)

sa seba April 6, 2009 05:05 PM

I went for the 2443BW HAS, mainly because its not glossy, has the very stable height adjustable stand and is wall mountable. The 2 usb ports integrated in the stand are a neat little extra.
The 240T looks more pretty (exteriour) and has a HDMI input.

Depends on what features you prefer.

btw, ncix has both for less monetos.

SugarJ April 6, 2009 07:14 PM

I picked up a T240 for $319 for my boss last week. It's absolutely gorgeous, if you like the tint shade on the bezel. But no wall mount, as noted. It also has the USB hub.

3 of 7 April 6, 2009 07:59 PM

I went into the store and put both of them side by side and went for the 2443BW because it is an inch lower and I have a cabinet above my monitor with my centre channel speaker mounted to it...
It also is a closer match to my 226BW and they gave it to me for $349. ( Local store no shipping of course )

rjbarker April 6, 2009 09:32 PM

Good choice, I had the 22" version of the T2xx Series and that "oval shaped" pedastal stand drove me crazy with the instability....I've stated it before here..."its like having a bobblehead on your desk if you happen to bump it"....one little bump and it just keep going and going and going and going......I took it back within 3 days!

3 of 7 April 6, 2009 10:40 PM

Just got back from the store, first one was defective.. This one works fine though.... Lotsa real estate!

rjbarker April 6, 2009 11:30 PM

Yeah they're nice monitors aren't they...the 24" is awesome...I lucked out and found one at FS about 5 months ago on sale for $313...

3 of 7 April 6, 2009 11:35 PM

Wow, that is a good price.
I didn't mind paying $349.. Seems like quite a bit less than what I paid for my 22" a couple of years back. The 24 is a LOT brighter than the 22 is when they are side by side.

rjbarker April 6, 2009 11:42 PM

Yeah I was actually shocked at the price and I still believe it was a "pricing error" because when I went back the next day (yeah I "browse" FS often...only decent store in Courtenay) it was priced at $389....I've never seen it as low as $313 since....and have seen it as high as $400+...sitting

aviduser April 8, 2009 09:05 AM

I have the T240, very happy with it so far. Not so sure on the difference but I was looking at the same 2 monitors in the store. Went with the cheaper one that looks better.

The guy working there gave me a "free" 4 year warranty, technically $289 for the monitor $70 for the warranty. The monitor comes with a 3 year warranty, but with the extended warranty you can just take the monitor into futureshop and they'll either repair or replace it.

Coming off a 22" monitor I noticed a huge difference. The 25.5 is $100 more if you have the extra cash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjbarker (Post 175154)
Good choice, I had the 22" version of the T2xx Series and that "oval shaped" pedastal stand drove me crazy with the instability....I've stated it before here..."its like having a bobblehead on your desk if you happen to bump it"....one little bump and it just keep going and going and going and going......I took it back within 3 days!

Can't say thats been an issue for me so far, seeing as the monitor is behind my keyboard mouse I hardly ever touch it.