Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2009, 07:54 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Comment Thread for The Future of Stereo 3D Part 1 &2

Over two articles, we will be looking a the future of stereo 3D in the PC gaming industry after the release of two competing products. In the first part, Nvidia's GeForce 3D Vision goes under the microscope while in Part II we will take a look at the competitor from iZ3D.

Please use this thread to post any questions, comments or experiences you have with either of these products.

You can find the first part here: The Future of Stereo 3D Part I: Nvidia Geforce 3D Vision

Enjoy!!

Old March 17, 2009, 08:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I'd say future is with passive glasses of iZ3D. It won't be as "3D in your face" as NVidia, but they will price it right within short period of time. NVidia is always pricing itself out of the market.
Intel i7-3770
Kingstone HyperX 2 x 8GB
Crucial M4 256GB + 128 GB
Sapphire Radeon HD7970
Nec Multisync LCD2690WUXI
Old March 17, 2009, 08:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 486 View Post
I'd say future is with passive glasses of iZ3D. It won't be as "3D in your face" as NVidia, but they will price it right within short period of time. NVidia is always pricing itself out of the market.

Considering they are one of the major players IN the GPU/Video market; I don't think you can remotely consider your claim accurate at all.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 17, 2009, 08:27 PM

I have also been using the iZ3D solution for the last while as well. While I would love to spill the beans right here and now, I think you all have to remember that Nvidia has some serious leverage with developers while iZ3D has to play catch up by releasing drivers quite a bit after the release of games.

On the other hand, I can see this market totally supporting two competing solutions.
Old March 17, 2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

Got a strange question for you.

How DURABLE are the glasses? I have been known is be clumsy and drop my own glasses off of the desk. Do the glasses have glass lens or plastic? More detail on the glasses construction please.
Old March 17, 2009, 08:47 PM

The lens on them isn't glass, it is a polarized acrylic compound. I don't have any scratches on them yet and I ran over them with my chair at lease once. However, the frames are plastic so they can be riped to shreds by a youngster.
Old March 17, 2009, 08:58 PM
Top Prospect

Nifty.

Now if we can just get some affordable, totally immersive VR headsets one of these days, I can die a happy man.
Old March 17, 2009, 08:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I would try it if it worked with one of my monitors. I am fine with game right now but if they can get a decent one that works on any monitor I would be happy.

Do they fit well over top of prescription glasses?

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."

Last edited by belgolas; March 17, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old March 17, 2009, 09:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Interesting, but I think the technology needs a lot more time to mature. It's great to see this sort of "VR" type of technology becoming more available.
Old March 17, 2009, 09:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphine View Post
Nifty.

Now if we can just get some affordable, totally immersive VR headsets one of these days, I can die a happy man.
TG Daily - Virtual reality cocoon promises full sensory experience

only gonna set you back a few million dollars

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."