Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2009, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That youtube video was pretty trippy Cashekicker. Now I wanna try the nVidia glasses. Is the price justifiable? Not really. But when you have enough money to invest in a very good graphics card to support 120 fps in games, then yeah, it's worth it.
Old March 3, 2009, 03:36 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
That youtube video was pretty trippy Cashekicker. Now I wanna try the nVidia glasses. Is the price justifiable? Not really. But when you have enough money to invest in a very good graphics card to support 120 fps in games, then yeah, it's worth it.
Man, if nV could release one card actually decently capable of 120FPS and no less, @ 1920x1080, then we're talking.

Even better, this tech is more suited to SLi/Crossfire [i]anyway[i], and @ a complete cost of $2000 with VGAs, today, means a year from now, it should cost $1200(assuming nV is capable of doubling perfromance every generation), and 18 months after that, it should be a standard part of every mid-range vga you buy, just need to get the specialized monitor for $100 more than a normal one. We're talking pairing up $100 gpus, glasses, and monitor for $500.

If nV can do that, they have nothing to fear commercially. They best be started already, or just about to. And AMD just might be in trouble
Old March 4, 2009, 04:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Linus just posted an interesting video on NCIX Tech Tips about this product today.
Old March 4, 2009, 05:51 PM
MVP
F@H

Ya got it yet? Huh huh? How is it? Do you like it? Is it cool? Wha, huh, well...
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g

Old March 4, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

whats it like the good the bad and the ugly i want all the gore( so does it work or not )
Old March 4, 2009, 08:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, well, I finally got it late this afternoon and didn't get a chance to get it all set up about an hour ago. I tried it out for about 40 minutes on the racing game rfactor along with the g25 wheel and I really only have one thing to say.....DEEEE AAAAMM!!...I think I'm LOVE!!!....this thing really REALLY works incredibly well!!

If I didn't have to work tomorrow I would have tried it out on some other games, but alas, that will have to wait. The monitor itself is very crisp and clean (and no caffine...hahahahhh).

I'll be able to give it a better and longer test over the weekend but my first impression?...this a MUST HAVE for serious gamers!!

Old March 4, 2009, 08:38 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
Ok, well, I finally got it late this afternoon and didn't get a chance to get it all set up about an hour ago. I tried it out for about 40 minutes on the racing game rfactor along with the g25 wheel and I really only have one thing to say.....DEEEE AAAAMM!!...I think I'm LOVE!!!....this thing really REALLY works incredibly well!!

If I didn't have to work tomorrow I would have tried it out on some other games, but alas, that will have to wait. The monitor itself is very crisp and clean (and no caffine...hahahahhh).

I'll be able to give it a better and longer test over the weekend but my first impression?...this a MUST HAVE for serious gamers!!

Glad to hear you like it. Hopefully the price will go down soon enough so I can consider buying the kit.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 4, 2009, 09:06 PM

My System Specs

So the lenses aren't coloured correct? I am red/green colour blind so passive glasses don't work. Maybe these will. I may have to grab a glasses/display combo sometime soon.
Old March 5, 2009, 03:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No, the lenses are a light smoke tint and go darker when you power up, which makes reading the keyboard (for us typing challenged people) a little more difficult, I may have to invest in a lighted one down the road, mind you I did play with lights off. The other thing is, if you wear glasses (I do) the 3d ones do actually fit over my frames and are still relatively comfortable, there are 3 different size nose clips that help with finding that comfort zone.

As I said, I didn't get a chance to test it out very long but the 3d effect is very cool! It has an adjustable depth wheel on the IR emitter which lets you set the 3d effect level, the default of 15% is actually a good starting point for allowing your eyes to adjust but of course I quickly bumped it up to 35% and then 50% which I found pretty DAM COOL!!..lol. I'm looking forward to trying it out on some other games in the next few days and also looking forward to SKYMTL's review to see what his thoughts are. I am however sticking to my guns on the statement "this is a MUST HAVE for serious gamers", it simply just to much DAM FUN!!

Old March 5, 2009, 04:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

very good finally some body did it right from what you see