Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 4, 2009, 05:26 PM
Allstar

Default Samsung T220 22" LCD

Anyone have any experience with this monitor? Mine should be here tomorrow. Hopefully my xbox360 will look decent with the tv tuner.
Old January 5, 2009, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yep the stand (oval shaped sucks), its like having a bobble-head on your desk.......I took it back to FS and exchanged for a Samsung 24" with a rectangular shaped pedastal stand. Really, just a slight bump of the desk and thing would make me deazy bobblin around....and it would go on for ever!

EDIT: I also hope you didn't pay more than about $269 for it. The 24" was on sale for $313

Old January 7, 2009, 06:55 PM
Allstar

hehe, I notice the bobbling. I drilled a screw through the back of my desk into the wall to keep my desk as stationary as possible. The bobbing is now down to a minimum. I guess I'm used to it now. Amazing monitor though. Paid $264 from NCIX then after taxes and shipping came to $284. Not bad considering they are up to 380 again last time i checked.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old January 7, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

got to agree stands sucks.

i am still trying to get use to my 2053bw, its hurts the eyes when its set to magictone's full setting . Right now i have it set with contrast 37 and brightness 15. Although its not as good as the magic tone setting but its saves my eyes .

So what settings you guys use for your samsung BW series?
Old January 8, 2009, 12:18 PM
Rookie

380?? last i saw multiple being sold bnib online for 250 284 is still a good price tho good to hear you like the lcd :P
Old January 8, 2009, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I saw this monitor on display and don't see why some people are raving over this - uses a cheap TN panel, 6bit, banding is visible, bleeding, poor angles, shadowing, non uniform lighting, etc..... unless you use this monitor to work in excel, I don't see how people are using these for gaming or watching video - it sucks IMO, not to mention poor color rendition (green/blue tint) and limited gamuts......
Old January 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKStar View Post
I saw this monitor on display and don't see why some people are raving over this - uses a cheap TN panel, 6bit, banding is visible, bleeding, poor angles, shadowing, non uniform lighting, etc..... unless you use this monitor to work in excel, I don't see how people are using these for gaming or watching video - it sucks IMO, not to mention poor color rendition (green/blue tint) and limited gamuts......
QFT, 8(10 internal)bit IPS panel based monitors FTW!
Old January 8, 2009, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
QFT, 8(10 internal)bit IPS panel based monitors FTW!
Yeah I'd love one of those high-end panels - only problem is that you take a hit in performance - higher depth comes with higher latency - I can't wait for OLED to replace LCD once and for all, then we won't have to worry about all the shortcomings of LCD Most of the LCDs sold in big surfaces like Costco, FutureShop etc are based on TN panels anyways and if you do works involving photoshop and color correction you will quickly appreciate your CRT monitor
Old January 8, 2009, 01:45 PM
MVP

I love my 2053bw but the stand does bobble back and forth unless your desk is rock solid. I use it for gaming and find it very good indeed!
Old January 8, 2009, 02:15 PM
Top Prospect

Stand definitely does suck on the T220. But I got it for $169.99 at Futureshop. So I really don't mind at all :D