Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2008, 10:20 AM
Rookie

Default Which TV?

I;m thinking of getting a 1080p TV this month and I'm stuck between those 2.
They must be sub-1000$ taxes included.

The Samsung is 850$+tax and the Sharp is on sale 900$+tax at Futureshop

Samsung 32" 1080p LCD HDTV** (LN32A550)

and

Sharp Aquos 37" 1080p LCD HDTV** (LC37D64U)

The thing about the Sharp is that I read that they had some banding issue. I have no idea if it is still a problem or if it has been fixed. But that on the side, for 50$ I can get a 37" instead of 32. So as of now, I'm leaning more towards the Sharp unless someone convinces me to get another TV.

Any other suggestion is welcomed, but must be available locally and be sub-1000$ taxes included.

Thanks

I CANT POST LINKS >.<<
Old December 2, 2008, 10:31 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Get the Sharp.

My son has the identical 37", and I have the 46" version. No one I've ever talked to who has bought an Aquos has been unhappy with it. We've had this same thread about 6 times on here before.

Enjoy your new TV!
Old December 2, 2008, 01:42 PM
MVP

i just got the samsung[ln32a550] from visions wasnt in stock thou had 2 order 1 should b here soon i piad $761;00 plus $209 4 the 4 year warr

i like visions allso bcause 60 day price match garranty and if u dont use your warr at the end of 4 years u get your warr cost 2wards another purchase

i didnt use my warr on my sony 52inch widescreen i bought years ago it was about $500;00 and i put that 2wards my 52 inch sammy 750 i bought in the summer

myself i really just like the sammys i was gonna try the sharp 32inch the day i bought but when i look at them the sammy just seems nicer

but if u have the sammy in a well lite room [eg ;lots of direct sunlight u do c the light on the screen when the picture is darker] but i did notice the 550 is a bit more of a matt finish than our 750

oh ya visions allso beats any price mathch buy %5