Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2008, 10:21 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
Sky that Rabbit would have been dinner had it chewed through any my electrical components.

The rabbit and the Girlfriend.
Old November 28, 2008, 10:25 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Sky that Rabbit would have been dinner had it chewed through any my electrical components
But it is so CUTE. Plus, I would rather not have to sleep in the computer room for the next year...though the blue glow from my mobo is quite welcoming.

Quote:
Although the images looked damn impressive can it really look any better?
The TMN HD signal is slightly compressed (though less so than channels like HBO HD, TSN HD and CTV HD) and my camera doesn't like taking pictures of operating TV screens for some reason. There is a bit of distortion in the pics as well but like I said: I am my own worst critic. But yes, it gets better even though the camera probably won't show it...
Old November 28, 2008, 10:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Great review. I was a little shocked to see a review of an LCD TV, but now that I compare that TV to mine, it's like crushing a snail with steeltoe boots. I am going to mention this to my mom because she got ripped off at Future Shop (dude said it was 1080p, but only displays max 720p). I told her not to buy one unless I was there with her and she never listened. Her fault...

Very detailed and precise. Keep up the good work.
Old November 28, 2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Great review. I was a little shocked to see a review of an LCD TV
Yeah. I was a bitout of my element on this one but it was fun nonetheless. I am looking forward to posting the updates.
Old November 28, 2008, 11:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Yeah. I was a bitout of my element on this one but it was fun nonetheless. I am looking forward to posting the updates.
It's always nice to get out of the usual from time to time. How are those new reviews coming? Are you waiting for the new drivers to be released from ATI?
Old November 28, 2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
It's always nice to get out of the usual from time to time. How are those new reviews coming? Are you waiting for the new drivers to be released from ATI?
I should get my hands on the new ATI drivers within the next few days so after that you will see a TON of GPU reviews come out very quickly with a whole new benching suite.
Old November 28, 2008, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice to know. Back on topic: would you say this TV is worth the $3000+ compared to a $2000 LCD of the same size?
Old November 28, 2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Nice to know. Back on topic: would you say this TV is worth the $3000+ compared to a $2000 LCD of the same size?
$2000 for a 52" LCD TV will get you a model which is 1 year old at least which will probably be sporting inferior technology in the way of an older style panel, less bangs and whistles and probably lacking HDMI 1.3 support.

That is the problem with the likes of Future Shop and Best Buy; they can get away with selling models which are a year old for a thousand less than the new stuff. That means they can increase their profit margins by selling end-of-line TVs (which they probably buy at discount prices from the manufacturers) while jacking up the prices for newer models.

Would I buy this TV for $3166 instead of the 630-series for $2500? Hell Yes.
Old November 28, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I browsed through the review and damn it looks like an excellent LCD TV. I may not know much about TVs, but just the specs look amazing. The pictures are like night and day compared to my TV and the one we have down at the family room, which is a 10+ year old DLP tube TV. But anyways, I can't wait for the update review.

Just to let you guys know, someone at RFD was able to get a Sony 52" XBR6 TV for $2800 from Best Buy. He had the receipt to prove it.
Old December 3, 2008, 12:46 PM
Rookie

Just about purchased an LN52A650 on the weekend (Circuit City going-out-of-business sale here in Atlanta). Saw the LN52A850 (and how thin it was) and decided I needed to do some more research...which led me here!

Great review SKYMTL! Can't wait to read the updates. I can get the TV here for just over $2300 (USD), but can't decide if I want red or blue TOC.