Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2008, 01:23 PM
MVP

well i picked up my tv 2day did another price match =$664.99+4year warr

since i got another $100;00 off and i wanted 2 wall mount it anyway i picked up the evermount em-tsb2b wall mount it moves vertical, horizontal,tilts ,swivels, pans, and has a 2 arm extension up to 15" from the wall works on lcds from 26" to 40" was on sale 4 $118;00 reg $154;00

so with tv, wall mount i only had 2 pay $23;00 more than what i origanally piad so it worked out ok 4 me havin 2 wiate

im chargin camera now while i set it up ill post pics when done
Old December 12, 2008, 01:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Which TV did you get?

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old December 12, 2008, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

One thing with Wall Mounts and TV's, don't mount to high (very common), you'll get tired of having to look "up"....as in stiff neck...keep it low!

Old December 12, 2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

sorry guys forgot to update you I actualy got this one

LN40A650 LCD TV - TV SAMSUNG

I got it for abobut $1400 i know that it is a bit pricey but I figured I will have this for a long time so beter to get something good while I am at it.....and let me tell you it was soooo worth it amazing tv I would recomend it to anyone in the market for a 40" LCD
Old December 12, 2008, 09:09 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

kick ass monitor.
Old December 12, 2008, 10:20 PM
MVP

i got the sammy 550 at the cpnt

at rjb ya i was wanderin about what hight 2 place it at, but when i set it on the desk in this room i set myself in comfy position and 2 the center of the tv it would b about 1" higher than what it is at now[but b4 i had it here i was thinkin it would b higher 4sure]

sorry 2 the hwc forums i didnt post picts yet but when i got home i posted here 1rst, then charged camera , then with the snow we had 2day i went out and started 2 shovel sidewalks while camera charged ,then my youngest son came home seen the new boxes so he new he was gettin somethin, i had 2 set up my old 22" moniter 4 him,[hes havin problem with comp not sure what he did they allways run fine 4 me when i give them 2 the kids a month l8tr they have poroblems/if i cant fix ill have 2 make a help thread 4 his comp]

then the flames game started so i just finished watchin that

i did take a couple picts of the stuff in the boxes ill update this thread 2morrow and take some picts of tv runnin with game shots and just the tv runnin but im warrin out now so im just gonna relax 4 the night

ty 4 the help
Old December 12, 2008, 11:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
at rjb ya i was wanderin about what hight 2 place it at, but when i set it on the desk in this room i set myself in comfy position and 2 the center of the tv it would b about 1" higher than what it is at now[but b4 i had it here i was thinkin it would b higher 4sure]
Yes thats what you have to be careful of is too high...folks seem to have this desire to mount them wayyyyy up the wall, like picture...yeah right...nice viewing dude...gotta go see a chiropractor after a few hours hahahaha...these show homes you see have them mounted on the wall, above a Fireplace.....brutally high up!
We're meant to be sitting on a couch or chair...looking "eye level" not "up"...I bought 50 inch Sony 3 yrs ago and have it sitting on a very sleek looking TV Stand..eye level...shelves beneath to accomadate the HD Box, DVD Surround System, PS3 and Wi....
Also with wall mounts unless you rip your drywall apartand redo afterwards, how the hell do you neatly hide all those cables...???...That was another reason I stuck to a nice stylish TV Stand!

I should post some pics of the "Kick Arse Bobby Boy Football / Hockey Emporium"..hahahaha....btw thats NFL!

Old December 12, 2008, 11:25 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

A good rule of thumb:

Your eye level should be 2/3 up the screen. Basically eye level with the eyes of the people on screen.
Old December 13, 2008, 12:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
A good rule of thumb:

Your eye level should be 2/3 up the screen. Basically eye level with the eyes of the people on screen.
There you go.....I'm sure there are a lot of folks that jumped all over the Wall mounts (as it was / is somewhat of a novelty) with really sore necks!

Old December 14, 2008, 05:19 PM
MVP

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...1&d=1229300617

the other thing i noticed about the sammys is sd tv pict is better than other brands and i dont have a shaw box in spare bedroom/other 2 lcds in the house have them thou

well after lookin at the way sky did his picts im gonna redo these when i get more time
Attached Images

Last edited by hightest; August 2, 2009 at 05:42 PM.