Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Get the Sharp, Get the Sharp, Get the Sharp, Get the Sharp, Get the Sharp!

I cannot stress this enough. It's not that the others are not decent; it's just that coming from a technical standpoint the sharp is built out of the most premium parts. Trust me, my company uses them daily and ships them all over north America and they never die, and always have amazing picture. Both Sharp and Sony are co-building their LCD's and they are internally identical to each other. They will be viewable in almost any lightsource and given the fact that we rent these things out on multi million dollar contracts to companies like VW, GM, Ford, Toyota, and send them off on AC/DC tours.

They are rugged panels and absolutely awesome to view.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 24, 2008, 05:08 PM
MVP

dang sorry if i thread jacked but im in the market 4 a 32inch tv/moniter 2 because its just 2 hard 2 see the whole screen when gamming on anything bigger than a 32 inch i think, but now im leaning towards the sharp 2 and i was 90% sure i was gonna get the samsung 550 now im not sure what 2 do, but i no xpert and enaberif, and encorp seem very confident and ive been lurking around here 4 a while and they seem 2 know what there talking about so hmmmm i think im gonna get the sharp

but is the 32inch sharp gammers model worth the xtra $200;00 over the sharp 64u model i will be moving my gammer comp 2 the spare bedroom so it will only be used for gamming and a tv 4 out of town geusts so 2 hdmi is plenty 4 me
Old November 24, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's not like samsung is a bad brand, just if the dollar value and specs the same I'd always get a sharp or sony. What it comes down to is how good the image looks to you. Someone can say "well 6ms will ghost like crazy" but if you, yourself don't see any ghosting - who cares? lol

when comparing apples to apples, take a sharp or sony. But if there is a significant dollar value involved or maybe you just seem to like the other brands image quality better, then get it instead :)
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old November 24, 2008, 06:40 PM
MVP

well ive got till nov 30 if i want the sharp gammer model at memxpress /so im gonna wiate till it gets close 2 that date and watch 4 prices on sharp 64u and samsung ln32a550/ and ill post some picts after purchase/cause i need 2 get a card reader 2 my canon powershot g2 wont transfer picts on to vista 64bit/didnt do enough research b4 changin all rigs 2 vista 64 bit/still have 1 copy of xp left but i dont feel like put it 2gether just 4 the camera
Old November 24, 2008, 06:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightest View Post
dang sorry if i thread jacked but im in the market 4 a 32inch tv/moniter 2 because its just 2 hard 2 see the whole screen when gamming on anything bigger than a 32 inch i think, but now im leaning towards the sharp 2 and i was 90% sure i was gonna get the samsung 550 now im not sure what 2 do, but i no xpert and enaberif, and encorp seem very confident and ive been lurking around here 4 a while and they seem 2 know what there talking about so hmmmm i think im gonna get the sharp

but is the 32inch sharp gammers model worth the xtra $200;00 over the sharp 64u model i will be moving my gammer comp 2 the spare bedroom so it will only be used for gamming and a tv 4 out of town geusts so 2 hdmi is plenty 4 me
Most of the time response rate is over embellished meaning they'll say 6ms but it maybe more like 8 or 9 or they'll say 2ms and its like 5 or 6.

The 64u is STILL a great tv and it would be the one I'd buy if I could right now. I'm not a big fan of the 120hz tvs as the picture looks odd.
Old November 24, 2008, 07:22 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Response time, sigh. Gray to gray of 6ms. Big deal. colors take much longer. Big deal. A 60hz screen is only refreshing the screen every 16.7ms. do the math.
Old November 24, 2008, 07:46 PM
MVP

ya i agree on the ms i bet i couldnt tell the diff btween 2ms and 12ms myself anyway /and now that u bring up the 120hz the 750 tv has the has the demo line 120hz on half the screen 120hz off and i dont see any diff myself other peeps that watch it say they do but ive watched a few periods of hockey with the demo on and i still cant tell the diff

i just get caught up in the specs of a product and if 1 has higher specs and around the same $ i usaully opt 4 it i dont really have any preferance in manafactures eg[intel/amd ect] but i really like the the words sharp-biult from premium parts and / rugged panels

but i do alot of googling b4 i buy, now leanining 2wards the sharp its $50;00 cheaper and with the 4 year warranty 4 the whole deal it would b about $100;00 chaeper 4 tv and warranty

cause when i started lookin last week i set my price no more than $700;00 + 4 year warranty
Old November 25, 2008, 06:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

I personally been using the Samsung 32" Full HD 1080P since 5 months or so and absolutely love it man! Listening to Blu-ray movies on it is just incredible!

+1 vote for the Samsung 32"!

PS: I paid 1099.99$ for it. I could of got a cheap 37" or even 42" for that price but i knew that i was better with a 32" Full HD 1080P than a cheap 37" - 42".
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old November 25, 2008, 08:59 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I spent the night gaming on my 37" sharp. Love it. It's on the wall about 4 feet in front. Perfect. Better than the 32" was at 2 feet away. Nice field of view and less eye strain.
Old November 29, 2008, 10:33 PM
MVP

well i did it agian i went 2 buy my sharp 32inch 64u with my mom dad and i bought the 32inch samsung 550 from visions i got it 4 $761;00 plus the 4 year warr plus all the other [ dam crap they charge] i bought it on fri 28 but none left in stock it will b here in 2 weeks from day i bought or earlyer they siad

when i look at the samsung they just look better 2 me that is only my own opinion though/ i will show screen shots of the 32inch when it arrives/but i can show screens of my 52inch samsung 7 model now if any1 wants

cause i allso got my card reader [a vantec 58 in 1 usb high speed reader not sure if it is any good dont no anything about them but is was only $20;00 so im sure it will b fine 4 me as long as i can get picts from my cards 2 my comp]