Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Display Units

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2008, 05:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Lcd samsung 2253bw problem HELP please

Hi i bought this monitor like 3weeks ago and starting yesterday i noticed some crazy red dominance on the screen everything is pratically red. I tryed restore monitor defaults, tweak it back to the same settings as i had before, tryed changing monitors see if my old agp video card was crapping out but nope on the other monitor the colors were fine. My mom came into my room recently clean my desk and decided clean my monitor to with a wet cloth...... she wiped the screen edges. Do you guys think that the cause of the monitor not working properly. Is there any easy way fix this?

Thx

Last edited by ITaoI; October 29, 2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old October 28, 2008, 07:52 PM
MVP
F@H

I have a monitor here that was damaged by my mother cleaning the front of it with a wet cloth. Damp is good, wet is bad.

Liquid gets in around the adges of the screen and kills pixels. This is around the edge with a lot of off pixels (black) and stuck pixels (red,green and blue). By just letting it run some pixels will come back but not many. If it is all over your screen (not just the edges) it was either a lot of liquid, the liquid hit a circuit board or it's something else all together.

I hate to say it but if it's liquid damage, she's toast and warrenty won't cover it. I use mine as a 2nd screen for trouble shooting but only the start and program close (X) buttons are blocked out by dead pixels.

Good luck.
Old October 29, 2008, 08:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Wow really i mean like it turns on still, and theres no dead pixels just that the red color/gamma is just to right in your face.I tryed turning it down it sort of worked until i ran a game and then it goes back to the red color/gamma mode. I still am under the 30 days warranty from FS bought it at oct 6/08. I went in yesterday to try and get a reprint of the receipt that i lost with the sku# and the date that i purchased it and my debit card # and they searched their database and my god guess what they DIDNT FIND IT it hasnt even been a month yet and they delete purchase history it was the exact futureshop i went to. Just my luck now they suggest that i get a invoice from my bank. I have posted this at FS forums they just deleted the thread thx for the help Anyways i should i should stop ranting.

Last edited by ITaoI; October 29, 2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old January 31, 2009, 10:10 AM
Trial Member

Cool Samsung LCD Power Supply Problems

I had almost the same problem. Samsung had an issue with the power supplies on their LCD monitors and televisions. A capacitor was second sourced. I think Samsung blamed it on the power supply supplier. Samsung has been repairing the units here in the United States. I don't know what you have to do to qualify for a free repair.

There was a report published on Samsung's response ("Recession Plus Corruption Equals Doom for National Service Organizations"). To find the report, just Google "Samsung USSI".
Old January 31, 2009, 10:18 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

get your bank records and get it exchanged.
Old January 31, 2009, 10:19 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

And then wire it up with 220 so your mom won't touch it again :)