Old October 7, 2008, 01:42 PM
MVP

Default The Dell 3007FPW 30". Good gamer monitor

is it?

is it so-so, horrible, decent, great?
Old October 7, 2008, 04:22 PM
Banned
F@H

The problem is with how many videocards can push it @ 2560x1600...and it's few, and far between. I love mine, paired wit ha single 4870x2, is great gaming!
Old October 7, 2008, 07:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Love mine, thou it seems to suffer from a screendoor like effect. rarely do I see it and the input lag... THERES NONE, just like a crt!!!
Old October 8, 2008, 10:11 AM
Rookie

Do you mean you see the little Pixelated squares Chilly? I get that sometimes with my SyncMaster 305T when watching films full screen. Get the feeling that can't be avoided with a 30" monitor.
I need another 30" for films, games and work. I m thinking of getting another 305T or Gateway XHD3000 or NEC but the NEC is over $2000. Any advice?

The reviews i've read about the Dell say that the image quality is not among the top 30" out there. Example Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC - 30in Monitor Review - Display Reviews - TrustedReviews. How long has it been out?
Old October 8, 2008, 04:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

If you want big on a budget and have a lesser video card I can whole-heartedly give the 2709W 3 thumbs up! I love mine to pieces and my HD4870 easily plays everything that is not coded by children (meaning Crysis) at max settings with no problems at all. It is 1920X1200 so it doesn't demand the best possible video card although even a single HD4870 or GTX 260 can push a 30" screen reasonably well.

The 3007WFP has been out for atleast a year. There is a newer model, the 3008WFP that is better as well.

Dell : Dell UltraSharp 3008WFP 30'' Widescreen LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand : Monitors : Home & Home Office

Not a bad deal while it is on sale. I picked up my 2709W for $599+ shipping on one of their crazy deal days, those are the ones to look for. The prices can change daily on that website, keep your eyes peeled for the deal that will make you cry.
Old October 12, 2008, 07:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsound View Post
Do you mean you see the little Pixelated squares Chilly? I get that sometimes with my SyncMaster 305T when watching films full screen. Get the feeling that can't be avoided with a 30" monitor.
I need another 30" for films, games and work. I m thinking of getting another 305T or Gateway XHD3000 or NEC but the NEC is over $2000. Any advice?

The reviews i've read about the Dell say that the image quality is not among the top 30" out there. Example Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC - 30in Monitor Review - Display Reviews - TrustedReviews. How long has it been out?
Frankly, I own both. I own a 305T and a 3007FPW. The image quality is better on the Samsung Out of the Box, but once calibrated there prtty much the same. Only thing that bothers me on the dell is the IPS backlight shimmerm and the aformented screen door *like*(its NOT screen door, more like... dithering) effect which I do NOT get on the 305T.

The 305T annoys me more thou, black crush and image color shifting is just horrible, and while I cannot notice the lag when using the 305t by its self, when set next to the dell it becomes noticeable. Build Quality is Good on the Dell, but EXCELLENT on the Samsung. My dell creaks when I clean it and has one or 2 un even parts in the plastic molding, I think I just got a friday built one since all other dells I see do not have the same issues in build quality.
Old October 17, 2008, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect

The LG W3000H-BN (S-IPS) is also a worthy competitor. After calibrating both side-by-side, the LG was superior to the Samsung 305t+.

Paired with my 4870x2, the LG W3000H-BN was clearly the better gaming display for me.