Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > CPU's and Motherboards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2008, 10:32 PM
Rookie

Default E8400 clock speeds

Ok, I have CPU-Z and PC wizard downloaded and I check them every once and a while to see whats up inside my PC. I have all my PC settings on performance settings and such and no power saving features are on. For the first time today(right now) I noticed that CPU-Z was showing my processor at running at only less then 2.0 Ghz, PC wizard showed that one core was running at 3 and the other at 2, now both are running at 2. Is there a reason for this? Does the processor kick down a bit when I use non demanding apps or something? I cant find a reason why it is like this so I was looking to see if this is normal or not. Is this the speedstep technology or not?

Last edited by JupiterTrooper; September 5, 2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old September 5, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterTrooper View Post
Ok, I have CPU-Z and PC wizard downloaded and I check them every once and a while to see whats up inside my PC. I have all my PC settings on performance settings and such and no power saving features are on. For the first time today(right now) I noticed that CPU-Z was showing my processor at running at only less then 2.0 Ghz, PC wizard showed that one core was running at 3 and the other at 2, now both are running at 2. Is there a reason for this? Does the processor kick down a bit when I use non demanding apps or something? I cant find a reason why it is like this so I was looking to see if this is normal or not. Is this the speedstep technology or not?
Yup speedstep.

Leave it.