Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   CPU's and Motherboards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/)
-   -   Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 Motherboard Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/cpus-motherboards/9757-gigabyte-ga-ep45-dq6-motherboard-review-comment-thread.html)

MAC August 31, 2008 07:02 PM

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 Motherboard Review Comment Thread

Hey everyone! As our fourth Intel P45 Express-based motherboard review we have taken an in-depth look at the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6. As you will see, this model is the new benchmark for excess...and that's not a bad thing :biggrin:

So if you are interested in checking out the most feature-packed motherboard on the market, here is our Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6 Motherboard Review.

If you have any comments, questions, or insults, post them here and I will address them as soon as possible :thumb:

3.0charlie August 31, 2008 07:18 PM

Nice review Mac; 2 comments:

1. my X48-DQ6 absolutely needs a fan next to the NB heatsink while oc'ing - otherwise, it becomes unstable. And I hate the fact that there are no attachment points for a fan on that block.
2. the latest X48-DQ6 BIOS allows the user to disable all LEDs on the board, which I did.

sswilson August 31, 2008 08:03 PM

Yep, great review!!!

The issue with memory clips isn't just this board... I had the same issue with my P35-DQ6, although it is possible to work the memory out, it's not as smooth as it should be, so removing the vid card would probably be best.

CTA August 31, 2008 08:16 PM

hmmm... interesting...

this mobo was my primary or secondary choice... until i see the price.. *gulps* then check x48 mobo which is much better than p45 mobo BUT i prefer 45nm mobo...

so p5q deluxe was in my third list... because of price and value... i will see how good it is...

i still dont understand why you said that its not high end mobo... i believe its because it almost same as p5q or maxinum... i mean 300cdn mobo is not big different to 150cdn-ish like biostar i45...

anyway nice review...

ps. check your job (news editor) to reviewer ;p

SKYMTL August 31, 2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTA (Post 85002)

ps. check your job (news editor) to reviewer ;p

MAC pulls double duty. :bleh:

MAC August 31, 2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTA (Post 85002)
i still dont understand why you said that its not high end mobo...

I didn't?

Quote:

This high-end motherboard caters to the “I want it all” crowd, and as you will see it really does not disappoint.

:biggrin:

CTA August 31, 2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 85005)
MAC pulls double duty. :bleh:

it sounds like he is your salve...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAC (Post 85009)
I didn't?

:biggrin:

Quote:

Overall though, Gigabyte has created a product that is perfectly suited for a home media server, a budget workstation, or simply in a highly-clocked gaming rig. Yes, it is expensive but the best always is, and Gigabyte offers a wide variety of more budget-friendly P45 motherboards for those who don’t require all that the EP45-DQ6 has to offer.
it sounds like not high end mobo... to me...

>_>

SKYMTL August 31, 2008 09:06 PM

Isn't a high clocking gaming rig a high-end solution?

CTA August 31, 2008 09:14 PM

sorta...? i mean i45 is not really high end... just for heavily overclocking with little features...

maybe should it be "three in one" mobo >.>

media server
gamer
workstation

because it have too many features than most competitive mobos... so i assume it high end...

oh btw.. should i (or we) suggest you to review biostar i45?

geokilla August 31, 2008 09:54 PM

Excellent review. Gigabyte has released another promising board.

Quote:

As you can see, the P5Q PRO comes with a (virtual) twelve-phase power design, courtesy of the high-quality low power loss ferrite core chokes.

Should it be EP45-DQ6?